What I Got Today!

Brac

Free HDTV :)

Today I got started on my antenna install. Parts-Express had antennas on sale so I picked up a couple of them. My boss gave me a used 4 section antenna mast that he salvaged from somewhere. A spool RG6QS and a package of Snap-N-Seal F-Connectors were also required.

Where I live I have access to Tampa and Orlando DMAs thus 2 antennas. This is a more or less a preliminary install. I have at least 10' more height to be attained with the mast. It was WAY windy today and I wasn't comfortable being on the roof. One day very soon I'll get back up there and finish the install.

Even not yet at full height I get almost 70 channels. Once I get the directionality dialed in and the mast at full height that number should climb to closer to 90. Of course by the time I delete the channels I'll never watch the number will be around 20 or so.

This is what they look like:

Antenna_zpsiwe6uxj6.jpg

It is good to see more people taking advantage of "FREE"!.

Iv been running my "Ovenrack" UHF for pushing 6 years now, cut the cable a month after install, the family has really not missed anything.

Netflix, VuDu can provide just about anything you really miss.

And just think, you cut "The Cable" and you NO longer support Momma June & Honey BooBoo, you have done something good for America :emotion-21:

This pic is of my "OvenRack" UHF, 6 years running, next time i feel like messing around with the TV channels i will "Double Up" on another one of these facing west, Frisco is spotty @85 miles away.

Free TV is awesome, Though I can't have an outside antenna do to apartment living I do have an inside UHF antenna that works awesome.

Iv helped a few buds living Apt life.

See if you can get your hands on something like im running here. the big ovenrack thing.

Hang that puppy inside a window or high on the wall.

You WILL get more channels.

Thank You for the advice,

This is what I'm curently using

http://www.terk.com/indoor-antennas/?sku=HDTVA

It works great and I'm getting 20 channels with it.

Where I live the available UHF VHF channels are limited and often repeats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_stations_in_Nebraska

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_stations_in_Iowa

Edited by Chad
  • Like 1

My Dual 1229Q came in yesterday after being restored. Installed the new stylus on it (Ortofon VMS 30E MKII) and tuned tracking and weight to 1 gram. Sounds so much better .Just have to refinish the plinth now and await delivery of my 701.

post-59264-0-25680000-1450704421_thumb.j

• Like 2

My Dual 1229Q came in yesterday after being restored. Installed the new stylus on it (Ortofon VMS 30E MKII) and tuned tracking and weight to 1 gram. Sounds so much better .Just have to refinish the plinth now and await delivery of my 701.

attachicon.gif115_6935.JPG

Who did the service?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bill Neuman at fixmydual.com. All he does is Dual tables. Very nice write up on him and spot on Jim Cramer's show. Very nice guy also. He sells parts for DIY'ers as well.

• Like 1

Bill Neuman at fixmydual.com. All he does is Dual tables. Very nice write up on him and spot on Jim Cramer's show. Very nice guy also. He sells parts for DIY'ers as well

Hes the one who did my 1019, it works wonderful.  Jim Cramer, the investing guru?

• Like 1

Same Jim Cramer. He bought his 1019 from Bill and did a write up on him. What cartridge do you use on yours?

I couldn't believe how nice the table sounded when I fixed the issues with it. It had the album stacker adapter under the plinth and I included that with the sale. Only thing he said to watch on this table is the bearings in the arm,and the motor needs to be lubed every few years. I took the motor apart and cleaned it up and lubed it.I like how it has the 2 tubes for lubing the motor. I also put on new RCA cables and "sanded" the wheel so it grabs the post better.

I just sold a 1019 recently and Bill talked me through a few things on it.I paid $5.00 at a yard sale and sold it for $175.00. I could have gotten more, but I didn't want to be greedy.

post-59264-0-76400000-1450729961_thumb.j

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

I am running the Shure V15 mk2. Its a wonderful sounding table for what i have in it. I probably need to check with him, to see if there is maintenance I need to do, as its been a couple years.

5ce0890ef33ffc3fc4d60555c628ea07.jpg

If you lift the platter off, you'll see 2 small tube openings protruding from the top. You can put a few drops of oil in there.You may need to remove the little o clamp when you lift out the adapter. I use the turntable oil you can get on Ebay. I don't think anything else needs to be done with them.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

I am running the Shure V15 mk2. Its a wonderful sounding table for what i have in it. I probably need to check with him, to see if there is maintenance I need to do, as its been a couple years.

5ce0890ef33ffc3fc4d60555c628ea07.jpg

I have the same, mine carries the home security gear as well as am/fm Rec, and a CD player, the wifes garage.

Neet thing with rack gear is, on the CL or the Bay, search "Rack mount" you will find some interesting goodies on the cheap.

Well after 4 years I finally found a set of KLF-30's. Drove up to St Louis from South Arkansas (960 miles round trip) and meet forum member Jim Boyd. What a delightful young fellow he is I just wish I could have stayed longer. Anyway these were well worth the wait OUTSTANDING rock speaker which is my cup pf tea...done for awhile only thing left to try is some Epic C4's. Eye candy anyone?

post-40775-0-97120000-1450749936_thumb.j

• Like 8

santa trucked in early this year.  the newly acquired geo tracker will donate its engine to my existing suzuki samurai - built and painted by MKP :-)

he has been trolling the internet and local hokomo freddies classifieds for several years now.  this is THE motor swap for the samurais -- for my truck.  mark builds relationships everywhere he goes -- i know a guy that knows a guy.  this guy was on medical leave from the trans shop, rebuilt one of our samurai transmissions for some ca$h.  mark was asking him about his tracker.  it was his daily driver.  whenever he decides to get rid of it, he'll call.

this morning -- benny goodman BLASTING out of the shop -- the guy walks into the bay as mark is walking out of the office (like out of i love lucy).  i point to the bay, so he goes in to find out who walks into his bay from the street...

low and behold -- greenie -- the trans guy with the tracker.  $300 and it is mine.  whole truck.  awesome.

post-62033-0-21120000-1450830385_thumb.j

post-62033-0-94080000-1450830397_thumb.j

post-62033-0-50240000-1450830905_thumb.j

• Like 6

this was a creation of MKP's mind. scary, huh?  when we peeled the layers of tape off, he was laughing saying "this is either gonna look really really good or like complete and utter sh*tt!"

a couple springs ago, i mentioned that i would like to have a suzuki samurai.  i only said it once.... he found one. asked some lady in a shopping center as she was getting out of it 'are you going to sell that thing?"  and, of course (because he has a golden horseshoe up his a$$) she said yes, next week.  he got it,   he kept it hidden at a buddy's shop - worked many late hours in the hot summer.  would come home wired and excited.  i knew something was going on.  it was my surprise birthday present!  painted the rims, bought new KO's, even custom fit my bull bar from my old fj40 landcruiser.  she is a little beast.

this truck stops traffic. lol  the used car lot next door HATES when we have it out front, because everyone asks them "hey is that sammy for sale?"  and they multiply like rabbits.  anyone the had/has one would stop in and tell their story.  we 'acquired' 3 more.  when people ask about mine - we tell them they can buy one of the others, but everyone wants the camo one!  meanwhile - the others have very little rust and mine is a rust bucket!  but it is sooooo cool...

i love that truck!  now i get the motor upgrade!   oh yeah, "we need to put a lift kit on it first to accommodate the oil pan"   this man sure knows how to spend money.....

Oh, well, I like it, I like it, I like it -- as the stones say.

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!