What I Got Today!

Brac

So the Mrs. (Claus) had a little present under the tree for me... caught me totally by surprise.  New RC-64ii.

IMG_1067.JPG

It's rare to find a woman that understands your addiction, but even rarer to find one that supports and enables it as well.

She's already planning the Father's day sub and birthday surrounds purchases.  Ya, I'm spoiled.... not such a bad thing though.

Now I need get a wall mount for the t.v., but she did mention that a bigger t.v. would be nice...  Is that a hint?

Merry Christmas friends!  I hope that Santa was as good to you all, as she was to me :D

IMG_1072.JPG

NICE......

I know what your saying with the wife thing..... my wife loves our audio gear... and most of the junk i'm into....

Congrats on the new RC-64ii ..... very nice..... enjoy....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

So, something rather unexpected showed up today - and it's going to be getting a full blast of attention over the coming few months.

post-58712-0-22360000-1451193867_thumb.jpost-58712-0-16080000-1451193877_thumb.jpost-58712-0-88120000-1451193885_thumb.j

Courtesy ala-ZEUS. :)

I checked it out, and underneath some of the splotches is quite the beauty of a horn. I'll be having it checked out by one of my buddies sometime this week to examine it better and get an idea on repairs to make her shine again. I'm thinking she will probably end up in my collection with Lindsay and Kimi.

post-58712-0-75920000-1451194010_thumb.jpost-58712-0-44840000-1451194019_thumb.jpost-58712-0-76480000-1451194026_thumb.jpost-58712-0-23720000-1451194034_thumb.j

That being said..."Korot" doesn't seem like a very good name...so I'll have to think of something else.

Grazie Mark (ZEUS)! :D:)

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 5

Actually, ZEUS. :)

I sometimes forget how many people are on here...and who calls who by first name or username...I'm terrified of the day that someone calls me by a screen name in public. Yipes!

Edited by IbizaFlame

It was a good day here at teknoid land. The rest of my Christmas present to myself came. In the "software" department is 4 of my favorite albums all on 180G vinyl.

Vangelis_zpse1uizwu6.jpg

Clapton_zpshwsece4q.jpg

ELP_zpsisplttuy.jpg

Floyd_zpspmsuvaza.jpg

In the "hardware" department is:

Brush_zpsb65fcvqn.jpg

And in the "buzzware" department a good friend who knows that I enjoy such things from time to time dropped this off:

CR_zpspgg7fwlg.jpg
Edited by teknoid
  • Like 6

Got my modded Chinese amp back on the right, as well as a custom amp on the left. Both are extremely nice musically. Courtesy of the tubes section.

Overall, I had a very nice Christmas season for myself. Dual 1229,701 restored, class a set amp upgraded, and a very nice dual mono amp. There is a nickname on the amp already in the forum,just have to upload my dancing video for it.

post-59264-0-15240000-1451430835_thumb.j

• Like 2

I have always had trouble posting photos from my phone. So i took some lower res of my latest toys. The Taylor is new but the Gibson's are 1980's. I know there are many forum member that play if you can offer any info on this these that would be great. The fender is my go to play all the time. 

post-37953-0-03120000-1451605816_thumb.j

post-37953-0-82960000-1451605824_thumb.j

post-37953-0-26440000-1451605836_thumb.j

• Like 3

So, something rather unexpected showed up today - and it's going to be getting a full blast of attention over the coming few months.

attachicon.gifDSC00354.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00356.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00358.JPG

Courtesy ala-ZEUS. :)

I checked it out, and underneath some of the splotches is quite the beauty of a horn. I'll be having it checked out by one of my buddies sometime this week to examine it better and get an idea on repairs to make her shine again. I'm thinking she will probably end up in my collection with Lindsay and Kimi.

attachicon.gifDSC00359.jpgattachicon.gifDSC00360.jpgattachicon.gifDSC00361.jpgattachicon.gifDSC00362.jpg

That being said..."Korot" doesn't seem like a very good name...so I'll have to think of something else.

Grazie Mark (ZEUS)! :D:)

VERY cool. With no disrespect, there are a lot of great names associated with Zeus' own mythology, and that of his progeny.

• Like 2

I have always had trouble posting photos from my phone. So i took some lower res of my latest toys. The Taylor is new but the Gibson's are 1980's. I know there are many forum member that play if you can offer any info on this these that would be great. The fender is my go to play all the time.

Looks like a typical taylor fair... sitka top and rosewood back and sides. 11/16's neck with a drop in saddle in what appears to be a 25.5" scale orchestra cutaway. Not a big taylor fan myself.

Waverly tuners or some knock offs???

today i got 2 3.5mm splitters and 2 rca splitters... both from the bay for about a buck each shipped from china.

Dear heavens. Four splitters.  From China.  Four bucks.   :blink:

After that bit of exciting news, all of the sudden my otherwise boring life looks rather glamorous by comparison.   

Thanks!  :)  :emotion-21: 

(and Happy New Year)

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!