What I Got Today!

Brac

How about "What I ordered today"...

So I sold my Belles and Cornwalls and with the funds ordered a pair of P37s in espresso. I had P39s and they were way to big. These should be perfect. Driving them with a C2500 tube preamp and B&K Reference 200.2 amp. If I need a sub which is likely I have a sweet little Martin Logan Depth.

• Like 6

Went by the surplus store at the University of California Santa Barbara and noticed a pair of EAW KF 650z PA speakers I asked the guy how much and he said $30 each and said they were blown hmm I didn't ask anymore questions other than I'll take them . Got them home and noticed they were in tri map mode so if a speaker cable was hooked up only LF would play. Long story short they are in perfect working order . Hit them with a coat of paint they look great going to have the grills powder coated .

post-25539-0-72820000-1461437745_thumb.p

Edited by kg4guy
  • Like 5

Went by the surplus store at the University of California Santa Barbara and noticed a pair of EAW KF 650z PA speakers I asked the guy how much and he said $30 each and said they were blown hmm I didn't ask anymore questions other than I'll take them . Got them home and noticed they were in tri map mode so if a speaker cable was hooked up only LF would play. Long story short they are in perfect working order . 

Sweet!  I'm due to trip over another deal soon, but great score.  You bringing them to Hope for comparison? 

Went by the surplus store at the University of California Santa Barbara and noticed a pair of EAW KF 650z PA speakers I asked the guy how much and he said $30 each and said they were blown hmm I didn't ask anymore questions other than I'll take them . Got them home and noticed they were in tri map mode so if a speaker cable was hooked up only LF would play. Long story short they are in perfect working order . 

Sweet!  I'm due to trip over another deal soon, but great score.  You bringing them to Hope for comparison? 

Would love to bring those and the SH96HO's but thats a long way to drive. 

Started a third mini stack today. This little guy is replacing my laptop as my main CPU. I'll be keeping the laptop for when I'm out and about and doing larger projects, but this little desktop will be managing everything else. Fit in perfectly.

post-58712-0-83460000-1461444796_thumb.j

• Like 3

For those who maybe are mildly interested in bench gear...

Picked up couple of B&K isolation transformers from CL.

One has some rust and a little more road wear, but both work. 35 bucks.

I've been needing a isolation xformer for quite some time. I already have one, but it's just the transformer and I never got around to putting in a case with recepticles.

For 35 dollars, it would have cost that to find a case to house the iso transformer I have, along with outlets.

post-4542-0-68140000-1461450966_thumb.jp

post-4542-0-70820000-1461451076_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Awesome faucets! I finally was able to identify the faucet used in the resort we stayed at in the Philippines. It is a Blanco. Smoothest I have ever seen or used. Seeing the price, I understand why.

Bruce

post-5045-0-50760000-1461678981_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Awesome faucets! I finally was able to identify the faucet used in the resort we stayed at in the Philippines. It is a Blanco. Smoothest I have ever seen or used. Seeing the price, I understand why.

Bruce

Blanco for home use is the one to buy. We currently have a smaller Blanco faucet in the kitchen which will be relocated to the wet bar's sink.

Blanco's warrenty is essentially forever, so they either replace the cartridge or the faucet if something fails.

Edited by Wolfbane

"My son put a Made in Italy sticker on the side of his Suzuki V-Strom"

I changed the all red LED metering on a Peavey mixer to red-yellow-green in flying dot mode and made it strobe when it hit 0VU, and slapped a Yamaha sticker over the Peavey logo.

Everyone wanted to know what Yamaha model it was.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!