What I Got Today!

Brac

My new TV was delivered today. It's a Samsung UN65JS8500F. I was going to buy a OLED set but the prices are still a little too high for my liking. While at Best Buy I noticed the sales guy putting this set into the Open Box section. Got a screaming deal on it.

The picture absolutely kills old Sony Bravia 70" LED! This TV should hold me over until the OLED prices come down a little.

Oh, I finally got my front 3 speakers all set up, now I just need to do a little listning. One thing that is certain, this is by far the best center channel speaker I have ever owned!

20160527_195949.jpg

• Like 8

My new TV was delivered today. It's a Samsung UN65JS8500F. I was going to buy a OLED set but the prices are still a little too high for my liking. While at Best Buy I noticed the sales guy putting this set into the Open Box section. Got a screaming deal on it.

The picture absolutely kills old Sony Bravia 70" LED! This TV should hold me over until the OLED prices come down a little.

Oh, I finally got my front 3 speakers all set up, now I just need to do a little listning. One thing that is certain, this is by far the best center channel speaker I have ever owned!

20160527_195949.jpg

I'm thinking of getting the same L/R you got since I have the center and surrounds

And no room for my 39's at this time . How do they sound for HT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160527_195949.jpg

You might be able to run the speaker wires inside the stand for a cleaner look Look and see if there is a hole in the back of the post.

Looks great, I like your P17 stands, did you make them?

That center is a beast isn't it?

I was actually quite disappointed that Kipsch never offered a proprietary stand for these speakers.

I did quite a bit of looking before I ran across these. They are Energy Connoisseur stands and were one of the few natural colored options. I think they turned out looking pretty good.

And yes, this center channel is a game changer when compared to the RC-64 and RP-450c I used to own. Couldn't believe the difference!

A1UC,

I couldn't be any happier with the performance of these front 3! I am sure the towers would be much louder and extend lower but that is what my subwoofer is for.

You have some amazing gear! I always like seeing your new purcahases!

Mustang Guy,

Yup, there are clips for the speaker stands. I just haven't gotten around to putting them on yet. Good eye!

Edited by K5SS

• Moderators
I was actually quite disappointed that Kipsch never offered a proprietary stand for these speakers.

Your right, there should be stands, the Energy Connoisseur line of speakers have stands so the Palladium should also, Energy is owned by klipsch and Energy has them. 

• Like 1

they do not work properly, getting my money back.

Are they HS-2 or HS-2T models.

Bruce

Hs-2. The woofers sound different from each other, and the tweeters are pretty much non existent. I don't know if it's just the crossovers that are messed up or what. I got my money back and the eBay seller didn't want them back. The seller never tested them before the sale.

Edited by dtr20

Hey bud, did you have to get a new xover for those tweets?

No but I plan to in the near future. I wanted to hear the difference in the tweeters before buying new crossovers. Still running the dreaded AB networks (for now)

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!