What I Got Today!

Brac

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Now all you need is a decent amp......

Well if the onboard Room Correction works as well as the stand alone and if the two channel on the MX is favorable I will be putting up the C2500 and MEN220 to be able to afford a decent amp. I still will use the 275 for two channel.

While we are BSing, the XPA-5 is far from a slouch in HT.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, The Dude said:

Wife and i knew we were going to need a new grill this year. She was going to wait and get me one for my birthday, however the weather is calling for us to grill, plus she wanted me to pick it out. I was all ready looking at the Green Mountain pellet smoker, but wanted to look at the Green Egg as well. I eneded up with the Green Mountain as it would be simpler to use when i am not around. I was told after i graduate college next spring which would allow me to grill more, then i can get the green egg. So tonight i made a quick test run and grilled some sliders and skinless brats. Nevermind the messy deck and rusty hot dog roasters, i haven't had much time to power wash everything.

eadfff216c420e1f4e9741b47ec8defa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'd have your deck any day over ours. Ours looks no better than treated firewood.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zim. said:

I've been very pleased with my 1202's in the HT.  If you find the fan noise excessive and choose to replace them, a good option is  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nmb-technologies-corporation/3110SB-05W-B20-E00/P14751-ND/2615564

the fans are completely inaudible outside of the closet, but I'll save this info in case I ever reorganize how I have things and they come out into the main room. so far, very pleased!

On 2012-04-03 at 9:08 PM, jhoak said:

I got my old car back...

In 2004 I bought a really nice well maintained 94 Acura Integra. It was a local car and the owner was a neighbor of my sister. Great car. Being of Honda lineage it was super reliable and economical. Being the Acura "sport" version of the Civic it was a blast to drive.

Early in 2010 it developed some rather serious engine problems. At the time I had not the time, money, or inclination to fix it. I parked it in the driveway and there it sat until last week. I scraped up the $$ to buy the needed parts and set about to the task of making it road worthy again.

I have to say that it's pretty obvious that Acuras (and Hondas I would assume) are assembled by people with VERY small hands and arms. By the time I was done I was cut and scraped and bruised like you wouldn't believe. BUT... She was running again. Whoo Hoo.

I have yet to do a full detail job on the interior and try to get the paint back to a shiny state and a couple of other minor projects. This morning was her first trip out of the driveway/garage in more than 2 years. I was a little rusty with the whole stick-shift thing at first but it came back pretty quickly. I guess I had forgotten just how much fun this little car is to drive.

Here she is... Not exactly a "looker" (yet) but a fun project for sure.

Posted Image

Had a Honda Del Sol VTech once which is based on the same platform. The cars built on this platform are all time classics and some of the best cars ever made with engines producing the same horse power per liter as Ferraris. It's been a long slide downhill for Honda/Acura ever since. Hope they find their soul again. Hang on to that car. 

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!