What I Got Today!

Brac

39 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Very, VERY nice Chuck................all because of little 'ol moi :lol:, I know you love them, does she ?

Looking good there Chuck! Betcha LF will get a hoot out of system...B) Will want her and your reaction...:)

• Like 1

So much sunlight coming in from that back window it's ridiculous. I will take some better ones later. These were going to go upstairs, really not sure about that now. Think the Palladiums would make the trip up the stairs much better than these beasts. Why didn't anyone tell me? I rely on you people to keep me out of trouble. I believe they are twice as heavy as my old LS 1's. Good grief the top hat weighs as much....

At any rate I have to say the packaging is amazing. Really. So here's a few shots, most are bad but hey with this toe take what you can get..... ;)

20170701_172835.jpg

20170701_172812.jpg

20170701_172942.jpg

20170701_173142.jpg

20170701_173229.jpg

20170701_173351.jpg

20170701_174019.jpg

20170701_174119.jpg

20170701_174204.jpg

20170701_174119.jpg

• Like 8

• Moderators

I love look of the thicker wood on the 2 version, they say it's a real improvement in sound also.

Had to go look, they say 175.5 pounds, that's heavy I had no idea they weighed that much.

• Like 1

Yeah... that's exactly what mine looked coming out of the factory packaging... except, you know... with damage :P

35079081732_af9a2fd4aa_k.jpg

Congratulations again.

I remember when I first fired mine up I was really shocked and extremely concerned because it wasn't a much better experience than my modded Cornwall, it was much worse.

Slowly I began a journey down the tube component path that started with a tube pre amp removing my all class d pre amp... Slowly it started to come around to the point now where the system sound so good it's a little scary.

The La Scala II is an astonishingly good system when paired with the correct up stream components. It's to the point now where I have, for the time being, shelved my immediate plans to get a modded Jubilee in a desperate search for the sound I have been looking for and I am going to stay with the LS for a long while.

This all after I added the VRD to my NBS. 

• Like 5

I decided on taking money back in return for keeping the damaged units. Mechanically they are perfect, cosmetically not so much.

Sometimes it bothers me, most of the time it does not because where else would I be able to get a pair of LSii's for <$1500.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Exquisite, absolutely gorgeous. Wishing you many years of listening pleasure. I believe, I note the wood aroma in the air.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oh yes they make the room smell wonderful. I can't wait to get both opened up in the same room. I just had to get one out so I pushed thru the pain

6 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Looking good Billy , the foot seems to be coming along nicely . 

Thank you sir. I knew you'd catch the "photobomb"....

• Like 2

First harvest of Padrons.  These are Spanish "tapas" peppers that are typically mild, but every once in a while you'll get a hot one....Fry them in a hot cast iron pan with good olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.  Awesome.

Padrons July 2.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Schu said:

when they are all squiggly like that, expect hotness...

Nope, only about 1 out of 10 are relatively hot, and sometimes not even that many.  Really has nothing to do with it.

You should try growing a plant or two, I'd bet they'd do really well in your weather.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Schu said:

I think that is good idea, I do love hot stuff. maybe start with Jalapenos, as long as they are not ornamental.

Many of the ornamentals are pretty hot, you just have to get the edible ornamentals, I think most are. They love hot weather, they would probably grow great in your area, mine would start slow in the spring but when it turns hot they grow much faster. I use them instead of annual's.

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I think that is good idea, I do love hot stuff. maybe start with Jalapenos, as long as they are not ornamental.

Nah, don't bother with the common stuff like Jalapenos or Serranos, those are cheap at the grocery store.....Look for something unusual like Thai Dragon peppers, Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpions, or, one that I found this year for the first time, Jalabaneros, a cross between Jalapeno and Habanero.  I would imagine that you've got some pretty good plant nurseries out there.

• Like 1

Jalabaneros..... I have had these allot and absolutely love them. Not so much for the heat, which is excellent, but the amazing flavor that they have. Chop one in half, cook it in a pot of chili, and game over.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!