What I Got Today!

Brac

...........these have a 'twist collar' top with insulated seal...   Just hold it up to the original coupler under the sink, then turn the collar and you are done...

If your old one has this coupler..............then you follow this step....  (turn collar clockwise to release)IMG_5777.jpg

Sorry folks, had to add one last informational photo for Schu...............you also get this nice kit with everything you need INCLUDING a nice new collar for the sink.....   (I just left the original in place...)IMG_5778.jpg

I need to figure out which is best for me... there is a lot of choice there. I dont see the "select" model except on amazon.

I dont need a magnetic cover, I dont need a counter top button... I do like 1hp, but I need to provide my own power cord????

Hmmmm.   I saw the option window for ordering WITH or WITHOUT power cord.....    The model I bought (again a short drive to Home Depot) doesn't come with a powercord...it is an option if needed...   Some homes have a duplex under the sink...   Mine just had roamex coming out of the wall.   Just wired it up directly and used wire nuts...  Ground screw is in the unit, and a standard AC cable clamp hole is provided...

Again, the model I bought or the next one up with 3/4 or 1 hp. should do the trick....   I have never had a jamb up with the older 3/4hp. model, powers through anything!    Although, I have never tried an avacado pit !!   That would be an acid test I think :laugh:

5 hours ago, Schu said:

I need to figure out which is best for me... there is a lot of choice there. I dont see the "select" model except on amazon.

I dont need a magnetic cover, I dont need a counter top button... I do like 1hp, but I need to provide my own power cord????

These are high end disposals that offer you the option to add on your favorite esoteric power cords in order to get the very best sound from your disposal.  Of course, for those that don't believe a power cord can improve your sound, you can just use the same power cord from your old disposal.  ;)

The old lady talked me down from the top model to the select plus...

35787654526_c11355286f_h.jpg

I couldn't in good faith pay more for my disposal than my Heresys...

I do still think it's slightly weird that I need to wire my mechanism.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Innocent_George said:

I believe so. Amazon for 119 each work out pretty well.

Cool!  I have my eyes on them.  They seem to have pretty good reviews and are priced right!  I'm gong to need a few of them so I'm just waiting for the prices to come back down to the $119 range.  I'll be painting the posts black as I did with another similar rack years ago.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!