What I Got Today!

Brac

47 minutes ago, burninator said:

Finally took home a pair of KLF-30's and a KLF-C7 that I've been trying to get a hold of for a couple months now. One KLF-30 woofer cone is cracked and needs to be replaced, but I can't complain. They are in otherwise good shape and the C7 is perfect. The price was like buying a C7 that came with a free pair of 30's.

Sounds like a great deal.  I love my KLF-30s.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Today is my 50th birthday, and the best present I received was this "brand new" 60+ year old hairbrush from my father.

Hairbrush.JPG

Happy half a century!

I could use a brush like that but it would be used more for polishing than arranging. 

• Like 2

Been thinking about the newest Hypex Class D nCore and particulary after reading Claudes glowing review so I thought I'd jump in.

Made in the UK with carbon fiber chassis, nCore NC500 power module and Hypex SMPS 1200 power supply, one each per chassis. These differ from the Hypex DIY kit as Claude described/built in these use the larger NC500 power module and the much larger SMPS 1200 power supply vs. the NC400 and SMPS 600. 

As see in the photo each comes with its own flight case and Cardas XLR-RCA adapter. 

Obviously with Jubes or any Klipsch speaker I own this is crazy power but I am looking for the absolute blackest background for superb low level detail and great bass control. Only been running for an hour or so and time will tell but so far - pretty damn impressive. This is against the Nelson Pass First Watt F3, Nelson Pass Amp Camps and various single ended tubes.

IMG_2533.JPG

• Like 1

Those are very nice amps, heard them in a bi amped system on the horns and then the bass bins, in an active, very well dialed in system, full wall and ceiling treatments, with some JBL M9500s vs some Spectron amps that were modded. The spectrons were better on bass but couldn't touch the atsahs on the mid-highs. With the Jubs it might be an incredible recipe being an all horn system.

You may be right. Actually sitting down to give a listen and yeah, these might be the real deal. Seem to do everything quite nicely way too early to jump in with both feet. Its near impossible to recall amps from years back and with different speakers, Belles or Corns I think, but I tried some Ice powered Wyred4Sound and these are in a much different league. The Hypex nCore developed by Bruno Putsy are reputed to have finally captured true hi-end sound that has been the domain of Class A and AB transistor powered amps. Like I said - we shall see ----

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!

To treat myself for sticking through this whole federal-employment process I went out and found myself a couple of CD's I'd been try to track down for about 5 months now.  They arrived today.  140 minutes of pure orchestra bliss thanks to the Tokyo Philharmonic...

20156104_1586841968007010_3839105979354324135_n.jpg.7c1833dd9ae06ee93bf4b3127cd127ec.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, dtr20 said:

55a25e22ae3fef91840c9df264425659.jpg1f56024e597f4dc0847f41eb059efd46.jpg
I picked up on old harman kardon tube receiver

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have one of those with a metal case.  Excellent cosmetics but the tuner section drifts.  Are you going to restore yours?