What I Got Today!

Brac

Good morning everyone..............:emotion-44: (at least that is what it is now as I check out the latest 'toys - upgrades - and things' here...  :smile:

Very nice range there Jimbo!  (yes, when is a stove a range?, 5 burners or more :excl2:) Very much like our GE...  Enjoy..

Aaron, glad you are enjoying your Marantz !    So, I thought I would chime in..

Just last night, I picked this up from my local Klipsch/Marantz dearer for a 'test drive', (SR-6011)  I have been looking to replace my 5 year old Onkyo with the bad HDMI board problem...   I had heard that the Marantz was the warmer sounding of the AVRs out there (in this price range) and so my dealer offered me to try their demo model with the new RP-280F's for evaluation ...   

This thing has all the latest technology... (as seen on the front panel sticker)   9 channels, all IDENTICAL with great specs. has TWO independent subwoofer outs with individual balance adjustments from your listening seat.   Wireless with apps and bluetooth.  DTS-X and Dolby Atmos a great set of DACS AND a nice phono stage built in !

Tonight over in RTM, and Vinyl Spinning areas, I will be running the Marantz through it's paces and make a decision as after the Audyssey setup last night, and a short and sweet test of a few tracks, I am pretty convinced that a brand new one will be coming home next week ;)

Stay tuned, there just may be another one of my long winded 'unboxing' photo shoots ...............:laugh:IMG_6062.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the compliments guys.....    Shortly, I will be trying out that PHONO stage with the vintage Dual 506....  Should be a fun day tomorrow, for the audio open house, I will make my report...  :)    Tonight, RTM for sure for a 'test drive' first....

• Like 1

So, here's another high dollar contribution to WIGT.  Some new accessories, nothing special as usual, but now I can frustrate myself even more with a UMIK!  Will be trying to get pull some graphs this weekend.  Should be fun.  Just so I can introduce another phase of upgrades, study, and ultimate lack of knowledge.  Have a great weekend all.

IMG_20170811_183434_773.thumb.jpg.6a64b1a9a9fe2fd196654cef0657d448.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Speedball II said:

You know how many years I've been waiting to run across a K2? Many

I found out about those powerhouses just about the time they stopped selling on the market. Ha, Lucky you.

I have one I'm getting ready to put onto service.  A K2 is something you buy when you find one whether you need it at that time or not.

• Like 1

The first K2 I got a few years ago sounds great on my KLF-30'S but not as good as I thought it would on my subs.

Next weekend I'll try the K2 I just picked up on my subs. A K2 on the mains and a K2 on the subs should gel pretty good.

In the meantime, my EP4000 and/or the Macrotech 3600vz sound phenomenal powering the subs.

Love these old school Crown amps.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk