What I Got Today!

Brac

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Looks great.  Is that an Ortofon Red on it?

Yes. I couldn't decide on the cartridge. I'm new to turntables. Haven't had one in years. Looking at reviews, it seemed to be a good midrange choice until I decide how deep I want to go. I think it sounds great, but I have nothing to go off of.

Really like the wood too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I love both of my Ortofon red and blue. I don't really feel any need to spend anymore, although some would disagree.

How is the blue? Is it a big difference from the red? It was another $136 for the blue. I was tempted.

I'll let you get back to the game now.....impressive profile pic

It's not a huge difference, but it is a difference. I have them mounted on different turntables, the blue is on a techniques SL 1400 Mark II and the red is on a pioneer vintage machine. Yes that new avatar comes out at the beginning of every college football season, and then goes back into storage for the off-season.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I don't think that's a DeWalt saw is it?

Looks impressive, and expensive.

It is an up cut circular saw with a 30" blade! It has locking mechanisms to hold the product in place (and square) and can automatically miter itself. Even pushes the product to the right length (+/- a 32nd). Tech comes in a week to get it up and running. Some of my guys want to do it but it's in the price and probably worth the wait.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Me again.........................just loving this thing!  

I get my internet TV through my Sony BD player, no smart TV.

Excuse my ignorance, I really have a hard time understanding this kind of tech.  Can you explain why is the Firestick so great? 

Does it do more than a smart TV does?  Are all the apps like Netflix and Hulu active, or is that an additional monthly subscription?  I didn't see Youtube on the box with the other apps.

• Like 1

Access content... usually proprietary.

Whoever has the biggest library usually wins.

These units can be jail broken so you can access internet based repositories, but for me it's a struggle to keep up with the ever changing landscape of free repositories. I tried with a nVidia shield, the best system there is, but my preference is for an ease of use and vast library as part of a monthly fee. nVidia doesn't have a subscription library so it wasn't my cup of tea. Apple tv, Amazon Fire are the best two besides Sony.