What I Got Today!

Brac

Hey Dave!, good to see you :emotion-21:

Ok, the Firestick  has over 7000 Apps, and is voice controlled for starters...   

I bought it mainly to watch my annual subscription to the Digital Concert Hall from Berlin which features LIVE concerts from the Berlin Philharmonie concert hall...    I have enjoyed this for a few years using my Sony BluRay player.... But, it is glitchy..   I heard about the FireStick and read some reviews on THAT particular app from end users and they said it was FREE from glitches and with excellent HD video and audio..

I had to try it, and as of this past Sunday, I watched my FIRST 'live from Berlin' concert and the HD was even CLEARER then my Sony AND there were NO hangups over the 2.5 hour presentation...   The Netflix app is wonderful, shows at a glance what your video and audio are running at and is easy to navigate.

The voice (Alexa) control works GREAT and will find pretty much any movie through Amazon instantly when 'asked'!   

Since the FireStick will do 4K video and my SMART TV will display it, I had to search Netflix titles to see which were presented in 4K...   Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon PART 2 is in 4K and it is the sharpest thing I have ever seen my TV produce !     

This little device has a QUAD CORE processor and 2 gig of storage.

I plugged it DIRECTLY into one of the HDMI ports on that back of the AVR...    TOTALLY happy with it so far...  

You can take it with you on the road, and in the hotel with wifi, you can plug it into the room TV and all your settings will be there as if you were at home !  It is small, you can put it in your shirt pocket...:)

Best I can explain so far..............others may have more to tell...

..........Gary

• Thanks 1

Picked up a monster today.  5 hours in the van and $450 later.  Man...that 10 looks tiny now...

The guy still has a Cherry 15 for $500 and another black one for $475.  He's moving Friday, so these are only around until then...

DSC01290.thumb.JPG.a62cfe745dfee07e5ac44ba7d40aac6b.JPG

• Like 3

• Moderators

A new sub amp, much thanks to Cory, @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for his great service to say the least. 

Edit; Sorry about that Cory, it's the first time I ever used the highlight box thing. I just wanted an easy way for people to get ahold of you if needed, not to let you know I posted this. I will get the hang of this one day, maby. 

sub_amp_9-19-17-2.JPG

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Perhaps sometime in your next 21,000 posts.

Hope springs eternal.  :rolleyes:

I wouldn't bet on it, for example.. I don't have a phone or want one so I don't have a clue about some of these things, like "likes". I went for months ignoring it, one day I got tired of seeing that little bell looking thing on the top right of the page changing numbers so I clicked on it. That's how I found out about the like thing, all of you will drag me into the 21 century one step at a time.

I have no idea about that post count stuff, I really doubt I posted that many times, but it has been almost 15 years ? I don't care about that, they can erase them all, as long as I can still :pwk_bs: with everyone here.

I had to explain to someone the other day who just joined and was asking me a technical question, Post count does NOT mean I can answer your question, it just means I posted that many times, don't confuse knowledge with post count. :huh:

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My BetaMax finally arrived today.  I’ll post photos after i get the film developed.

You leaped into the early 70s!

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I wouldn't bet on it, for example.. I don't have a phone or want one so I don't have a clue about some of these things, like "likes". I went for months ignoring it, one day I got tired of seeing that little bell looking thing on the top right of the page changing numbers so I clicked on it. That's how I found out about the like thing, all of you will drag me into the 21 century one step at a time.

I have no idea about that post count stuff, I really doubt I posted that many times, but it has been almost 15 years ? I don't care about that, they can erase them all, as long as I can still :pwk_bs: with everyone here.

I had to explain to someone the other day who just joined and was asking me a technical question, Post count does NOT mean I can answer your question, it just means I posted that many times, don't confuse knowledge with post count. :huh:

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance.....baffle them with bullshat :P

1 hour ago, morbella said:

I really hope that it will last, as I am only doing some write-ups. 

I'm sure it will, huge gains in quality over the past years. Let us know how you like it.

• Like 2