What I Got Today!

Brac

Thanks for all the compliments my friends ^_^

Well, I look at it way, you have the vintage style reference (if you want to use that term) and then there is the current Reference Premier line of products with their very own lineage and well engineered design...   Owning both is a pleasure, they sound different, but I like them both too..     Like my avatar says................'together'  ;)

It is like what organists are going through when it comes to Hammond Organs...........you have the vintage electro mechanical, and you have the natural progression of the newest Hammond organs being digital...   I can't tell one from another anymore as far as sound, but, there are the two camps.....    Digital is SO much lighter and easier on ones back and you still get that great sound and adjustability of all the nuances heard in the electro-mechanical organ of old.....

Ok, moving on..............next, some photos of the other updated new gear.......   Hang around :lol:...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dtel said:
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

But, but, it’s not a Jub.....how can that be???

Nobody said another model can't be better than a Reference. 

Never quite understood what the word meant as far as speakers went anyway, reference as to what an average good speaker should sound like ? 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

It is like what organists are going through when it comes to Hammond Organs...........you have the vintage electro mechanical, and you have the natural progression of the newest Hammond organs being digital...   I can't tell one from another anymore as far as sound, but, there are the two camps.....    Digital is SO much lighter and easier on ones back and you still get that great sound and adjustability of all the nuances heard in the electro-mechanical organ of old.....

You're probably right, but there is nothing cooler than watching someone like Billy Preston setting behind a old hammond organ. Like on the Eric Clapton's DVD One More Car one more Rider one of his last big performances.

Enjoy the new HT.

eric-clapton-one-more-car-one-more-rider_2050841.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

You're probably right, but there is nothing cooler than watching someone like Billy Preston setting behind a old hammond organ. Like on the Eric Clapton's DVD One More Car one more Rider one of his last big performances.

Enjoy the new HT.

eric-clapton-one-more-car-one-more-rider_2050841.jpg

Elden, I LOVE that concert, and I bought that back when it was a 2 dvd + CD set (early pressing) in a Jewel case!  Billy is cleary having so much fun and the crowd goes wild during one of his solos AND when David Sanchez took over the Hammond 'sound' so Billy could go out and dance....  Very fun and clever at the same time...

Now, the thing is, Hammond is STILL making that organ console.  The B3 and C3 (Keith Emerson's organ) are very much alive and you can't tell them apart from the vintage model...   It is just that they are 2 pounds LIGHTER! 

Ok, dinner on deck this very nice evening..............more later....

Today, ditched the cable company’s modem and bought my own modem and router. I’m paying for 100 mbs and on my Mac laptop was getting 47 download; my brother in his bedroom was getting 1 mbs. Talked to a techie and he said cable folks will send at 100 speed; however, the modem that they supply can’t handle that speed.  After hooking up the new router and modem, speed increased to 97 mbs. So, i’ll call it a success. 

• Like 6

This AVR is by far the most advanced and full featured unit I have ever owned!.......here then, some of the options shown here on the sticker, this is one notch down from the current flagship.............IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

• Like 3

Whats behind the hidden door ?IMG_6024.jpg

Check this.........13 channels of PRE-OUTS !!!  The subwoofers are totally independent right and left, all adjustable from the remote...   The PHONO STAGE is wonderful sounding and more full then my OUTBOARD Cambridge phono stages from a direct A-B comparo (I would have never believed it until I heard it first hand)!   

The WiFi talks to my tablet, a full Marantz APP. let one adjust all the parameters via your touch screen rather then the remote and menus up on the main screen.

BlueTooth allows the BUILT IN Spotify APP. to 'talk' to your smart phone, or computer so you can select from your Spotify library and more!   No more 20' USB / HDMI cables running across Music Halls' floor...

Zone TWO outputs are fixed with a master volume out control of it's own.   I drive the Dynaco PAS-2 with this feature.  All inputs from tape machines, multi-disc player etc. run to the Marantz, rather then the limited PAS-2 rear apron..   One can toggle between the Marantz and it's 5.2 system or, mute it, and hit Zone 2 and the Dynaco system with KH's can be listened to...   All while both systems are playing the same source, talk about direct comparing huh ?

Ok, here is the rear apron with the rather impressive speaker outputs all in a long row, much like the sister Denon AVRs....IMG_6021.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Very nice Gary....isn't unboxing gear fun?

Oh YEAH!  Lots of !!!   But, I am done for a while...............JUST hung those bi-directional surrounds and landed the center channel last night, HOWEVER, I have not done the Auyssey 32 setup yet....   That will happen shortly, I will put up some photos of the simple install..... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Thanks....congrats. Nice HT you have there.

Thank you sir!     I will post some photos of the rig as well..............it was amazing how many cables and stuff that got cleaned out of the system!   Much less clutter 'behind the scenes' now :)..........

Music Hall is OPEN for visitors Saturday...........Pezz from Rhode Island driving up.........should be a fun day over in RTM starting around 1pm. eastern...:emotion-29:

• Like 2