What I Got Today!

Brac

5 hours ago, Schu said:

Give me a custom shop telecaster anyday of the week over a LP. Gibson... maybe a es335 is okay :P

What...a guitar from a bass company :D

It feels like the neck is lubed, it's so smooth. It's a little heavier than I anticipated, but feels very balanced.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schu said:

Yeah... I am sure Danny Gatton had no idea what he was doing...

I've heard that name before, but wasn't familiar with him. I did some research....WOW, what a talent he had. I liked the "you're going to play a Fender at a Gibson event" video.

I have a Stihl back pack blower and really like it.   I wanted one of their string trimmers but the Echo had far better reviews across the board.  Seems a lot of people have a hard time starting some of the Stihls and the repair shops want to blame the fuel.   The ones that start and run properly get great reviews however.  Everywhere I went and read reviews kept giving the Echo good scores.   Figured I'd try one and see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I have a Stihl back pack blower and really like it.   I wanted one of their string trimmers but the Echo had far better reviews across the board.  Seems a lot of people have a hard time starting some of the Stihls and the repair shops want to blame the fuel.   The ones that start and run properly get great reviews however.  Everywhere I went and read reviews kept giving the Echo good scores.   Figured I'd try one and see.

Always being a Stihl fan but wanting to try a battery string trimmer I went with Echo. 58V battery is a brute, straight shaft, owned it about a year or so and actually like it a lot. Now of course this is for a typical suburban lot and there is more than enough power for my needs. Now when I visited a friend on 15 acres and it needed a major trimming I took my gas Stihl. It always comes down to the right tool for the job. And before I bought the Echo I looked at Stihl battery when at that time the trimmer was about $200 But the battery/charger was around $300. Even the dealer shook his head and chuckled at that price which is why he didn't even stock them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWL said:

My Echo stuff has been bulletproof. 18+ years now.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The trimmer thst it's replacing was a Ryobi.  It was one of the first 4 stroke gas trimmers I had ever seen.  The motor has gobs of torque and actually still runs strong.  The trimmer head is shot and it has a couple fuel leaks.  It's so old I really didn't want to invest any time or money in it any more.

12 minutes ago, Schu said:

I need a compact battery powered blower to dry the car after I wash it... it needs to be capable of at least 100mph wind, suggestions?

Milwaukee - O884-20/ M18 hand held blower. Perfect for what you need. My stepson uses one in his shop, lots of velocity through a small diameter nozzle. 

• Like 1

This isn't What I Got Today, it's What I Did Today.  WVU Homecoming 2017.  WVU came from behind to defeat Texas Tech 49-35.  GREAT game!

This is me with the 400 piece WVU Alumni band and the 350 piece big band.  I am wearing yellow and standing exactly on the 5 of the 50 on the near sideline.  I am dead center in the cymbal picture with the big grin on my face.  See if you can figure out why.  :D

Homecoming Marching Band 2017.jpg

Small 00064.jpg

• Like 4