What I Got Today!

Brac

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Mercedes stopped selling cars with manual transmissions back in the 80's.  No driver took them seriously.  

Each of the BM 's I listed were, as we used to say "stick shifts". I believe the 535 was a 1985-87. One of the fastest sedans available in its time. The brand, at least around here became such a status symbol to own a "Bimmer" I couldn't get away fast enough.

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

please nobody say they drive a 1 series.

No but if I were to get back into the Brand I would look look hard at a M2 or M240. Pretty cool machines but still without the panache of older M3's with a V8 engine. If you want a performance car we had better go for the gusto now as CAFE standards will neuter the driving experience in less than 10 years. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richieb said:

The brand, at least around here became such a status symbol to own a "Bimmer" I couldn't get away fast enough.

i lived in Orange County for a great many years. BMWs and Mercedes are so common. I even saw a lime green Bentley once on my drive home. 

Right after I got my 528, a friend from Indy said, “Now you can cruise Hollywood Blvd and pick up some ladies.”  I told him, “there is nothing special about this car around here. Every other car on the road is a BMW or Mercedes.

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i lived in Orange County for a great many years. BMWs and Mercedes are so common. I even saw a lime green Bentley once on my drive home. 

Right after I got my 528, a friend from Indy said, “Now you can cruise Hollywood Blvd and pick up some ladies.”  I told him, “there is nothing special about this car around here. Every other car on the road is a BMW or Mercedes.

Yeah, not really any status symbol here either.  But Texans spend a lot of time in their cars and put a lot of miles on them.  Those who enjoy driving naturally gravitated to cars that go where you point them, and handle better than a boat.  Mercedes have always been doctor's wives kind of cars here.  Most used ones even tout that---"doctor's wife car" only driven to the country club once a day---low miles.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, not really any status symbol here either.  But Texans spend a lot of time in their cars and put a lot of miles on them.  Those who enjoy driving naturally gravitated to cars that go where you point them, and handle better than a boat.  Mercedes have always been doctor's wives kind of cars here.  Most used ones even tout that---"doctor's wife car" only driven to the country club once a day---low miles.

I’d own another one ... i really liked the 2010 528 that i had. Very comfortable ride and to drive. Far better gas mileage than the 2015 Flex that i’m driving around now.

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Get an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio---fastest four door sedan around Nurburgring ever.

Although I haven't checked Mama Google yet sumpin ' tells me that the words Alfa Romeo with a bunch of spaghetti hangin' around behind it will be quite $$$$?

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

What table is that?

Hey again @Tarheel you still up here? If not, hope the move went well.

That is a Pro-Ject Classic, it came out last year with that monstrous tonearm base and a 9" carbon-alum arm. The brushed aluminum part floats on a half dozen plastic balls in the wood base. With this new cart unlike the stock one, I can almost stomp in front of it with zero affect on the playback!

• Like 1