What I Got Today!

Brac

18 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually, Saturday....

Drove down to Indy and had a great visit with my bud Davis  @Davis.....dropped off a couple of goodies, and picked up a couple of goodies....Welcome (Back) home to the raw birch HIP's...now mated with the blonde birch H2's in my office, running off a Fisher 500C receiver.  They sound fantastic together.

BTW, the wall and the carpet are not actually purple....the blue shag carpet is next on the list for extraction.....

IMG_4302 (Medium).JPG

Those look great together, your riser for the HIP's is a bit more attractive than my method.

Glad we could reunite the HIP's with its other siblings.

I did enjoy my time together with them and totally love how unique they are.

It was great to have @jimjimbo visit my house today. It is always nice to visit with him.

It was sad to see the HIP's go back home with him but a deal is a deal.

Jim left a lil something behind, well not so little actually.

I can not be more impressed with the Belles. The condition of them is incredible. They sound much better than I ever dreamed and blend seamlessly with my K-Horns.

I even skipped a party Saturday night so I could stay home and give them a proper listen.

It was a long wait, almost 3 weeks to be exact before we could arrange getting them down to my place, I didn't go crazy during that period as I was very busy and traveling some of it, but it was getting more difficult by the day.

I was very anxious that cold Saturday morning when he arrived in his familiar vehicle, the same one he drove when we first met in a Walmart parking lot when I obtained the HIP's.

I was so excited I forgot to take any pics while he was here.

Thank you so much Jim, you have made a long search come to fruition.

20171028_114721.jpg

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Davis said:

It was great to have @jimjimbo visit my house today. It is always nice to visit with him.

It was sad to see the HIP's go back home with him but a deal is a deal.

Jim left a lil something behind, well not so little actually.

I can not be more impressed with the Belles. The condition of them is incredible. They sound much better than I ever dreamed and blend seamlessly with my K-Horns.

I even skipped a party Saturday night so I could stay home and give them a proper listen.

It was a long wait, almost 3 weeks to be exact before we could arrange getting them down to my place, I didn't go crazy during that period as I was very busy and traveling some of it, but it was getting more difficult by the day.

I was very anxious that cold Saturday morning when he arrived in his familiar vehicle, the same one he drove when we first met in a Walmart parking lot when I obtained the HIP's.

I was so excited I forgot to take any pics while he was here.

Thank you so much Jim, you have made a long search come to fruition.

nice.  I love the look of Belles

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davis said:

I agree. I used my Belle for Khorn center duty and they play very nicely together. The ones you scored from Jim are in great condition, which make them sound even better. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

Enjoy the crossovers.

George

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, oldred said:

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

Enjoy the crossovers.

George

That's good advice.  I'll do that.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

SCORE!!!!!!!!

Where did you find them?

@rockhound eat your heart out!

Kind of a funny story about it....I placed an order with our semi-local, semi-decent wine and spirits shop about 2 months ago, and asked for 2 of the Weller 12, and 2 of the Weller Antique.  They called me this morning, and said that they had one bottle for me, they just got the delivery....I said OK, I'll be there in a flash.  So, I thought MAYBE our other spirits shop might have gotten a delivery also (even though I hadn't placed an order with them).  So I called them, and they said Yep, we're getting ready to put the single bottle on the shelf.....I said, oh no you don't...please hold it.  And they did.

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.