What I Got Today!

Brac

So, I didn't get these today, but I haven't posted about it yet.  A pair of CF-3 v1.  I didn't realize until I drove them home that they smelled like smoke.  So, after a few weeks of cleaning, they are in my living room.  To get the smoke out, the grills were pretty easy (soaking in dish soap/water, one time).  The wood was a little more, using many applications of mineral spirits, Murphy's oil, baking soda, vinegar, Odoban, and finishing off with some Watco Danish golden oak oil.  Here's a pic of them next to my old CF-2's.  Sorry for the low-light bad pic.  They are labeled as light oak, but comparing with my medium oak CF-2's, they look the same.

On a side note, my CF-2's are going to be going up for sale soon.

CF-2 and 3.jpeg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Won't even ask what either of the last two pieces of gear cost to rehab.

The Marantz was 430.00 For a the full restoration I used Randy Buckner who is fantastic. He sent progress photos along the way. The MC225 was 800.00 for the full chassis re-chrome, re-lettering  and full electronic restoration - new caps , power supply rebuild etc. I know that I will certainly get the return on that if I ever sell it. I bought the amp a number of years ago for a grand. Examples in the condition sell for a lot more than 1800 bucks! So I think it is money well spent!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joshnich said:

The Marantz was 430.00 For a the full restoration I used Randy Buckner who is fantastic. He sent progress photos along the way. The MC225 was 800.00 for the full chassis re-chrome, re-lettering  and full electronic restoration - new caps , power supply rebuild etc. I know that I will certainly get the return on that if I ever sell it. I bought the amp a number of years ago for a grand. Examples in the condition sell for a lot more than 1800 bucks! So I think it is money well spent!

Money well spent my friend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Got an early Xmas present from my wife :) ... but haven't told her yet. :(

Jeez ... told her ... and she ordered a $1800 designer purse as "my" Xmas present  :(  Guess I'm lucky she did not look at jewelry. :) 

Cheers, Emile