What I Got Today!

Brac

On 12/12/2017 at 12:26 PM, wuzzzer said:

Pair of beautiful consecutive serial # cherry RB-5 IIs for a Benjamin!  (Actually I have him five Jacksons).

A little dusty and some minor scratches but they should work very well as my surrounds.

20171212_131740~2.jpg

Nice! I've had a couple pairs in medium oak (still have a pair) and love them. Tough speaker to beat for $100.

3 hours ago, SWL said:

New crossovers from Bob Crites....KLF-30.

Glad it worked for you ... Got new crossovers for my Cornwall I's and "no difference." Guess I'm one of the "lucky" people who's crossovers were "perfect" even though they were 30 yrs old :(  But ... got Bob's tweeters and Ti diaphragms and very happy with those :) 

Thanks Emile.

I think I will now refer to KLF's as DIY speakers. Kick *** DIY speakers.

Buy a pair used in good, very good condition for about $800.00. Plan on putting approx. $700.00 into them by way of titanium tweeter diaphragms, A55G mid-range drivers, new crossovers and finally sealing the cabs with PL Premium X3 in addition to adding some supplemental bracing front to back........and you've got some kick *** $1500.00 speakers that if you were to buy 'new' today would probably cost north of 3-4 grand.

I've got two pair that I've done pretty much everything that I can to them. I think the next step is gonna be fixing up the exterior finish of the cabs. Something I have never done...... but these speakers are in it for the long haul so it should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emile said:

Glad it worked for you ... Got new crossovers for my Cornwall I's and "no difference." Guess I'm one of the "lucky" people who's crossovers were "perfect" even though they were 30 yrs old :(  But ... got Bob's tweeters and Ti diaphragms and very happy with those :) 

You also might not be physically capable of hearing the difference.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:53 PM, Emile said:

OK; "I am an old fart." :) But ... still can hear 20Hz to 17kHz ... and even more after some wine :)

Take one of the online hearing tests with a kid. I'm only good to 13K while my 13 year old is solid to 22K. I listen to big two way systems now LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Take one of the online hearing tests with a kid. I'm only good to 13K while my 13 year old is solid to 22K. I listen to big two way systems now LOL.

That's a good idea..... never even thought of that. I've been solid up to 17K a couple years ago. Next time I'm with my niece (11 yrs.) and my daughter (25) we'll have to do some testing.

Don't know how reliable the test was that I did online....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've gotten several new goodies over the last month:

Logitech Harmony Touch ($59.99 @ Sam's Club)

Sectional Theater Sofa ($1424 delivered and installed from The Great Escape)

Ethan Allen Media Console (Free from the owner that I work for, also gifted me a treadmill, dumbbell set/rack, and weight bench!)

JBL Studio 520c ($250)

JBL Studio 210s ($250, installed these on the ceiling to complete the Atmos arrangement)

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

• Like 1