What I Got Today!

Brac

4 minutes ago, Emile said:

Hoping to get some feedback. Found a pair of Forte II's (think they are II's :) ) on my local CraigsList. Only $250 (about 1/3rd what I paid for my Forte I's :( ) Listing at https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/d/12-inch-klipsch-speakers-with/6431651558.html . Think it is worth pursuing?

Thanks and Cheers, Emile

I wonder what's up with the woofer surrounds? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I wonder what's up with the woofer surrounds? 

Thanks; I have NO clue :)  Plus ... kind of worried about buying this from a "flea-market" guy ... believe they think anything that is not "completely destroyed,"is labeled as in "very good condition." :)  Cheers, Emile

Hoping to get some feedback. Found a pair of Forte II's (think they are II's [emoji4] ) on my local CraigsList. Only $250 (about 1/3rd what I paid for my Forte I's [emoji20] ) Listing at https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/d/12-inch-klipsch-speakers-with/6431651558.html . Think it is worth pursuing?
Thanks and Cheers, Emile

For 250, yes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

For 250, yes

Yeah; guess it's pocket change, but don't want to start another project (trying to finish my Bob Latino ST70 tube amp) :) And ... from the pics I think they are "oak." Got my Forte I's in walnut which is sooo much nicer :)  Think I'll hold off for a couple of days ... and buy them if they are still available next week. :)

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

Finished my Bob Latino VTA ST70 tube amp. :):):)  Had made a wiring error :( but Bob was AWESOME and pointed out my "stupidity." To anyone interested in building one of Bob's kits I would say "GO." His support is just OUTSTANDING!

But ... it sounds like crap. OK; JUST KIDDING; sounds like crap since it is hooked up to a cheap set of Bose bookshelf speakers and an even cheaper Pioneer AM/FM tuner with a 6 inch wire as an antenna :)  But it takes at least 100 hours to "burn in" the tubes ... can't wait to put it on my Cornwall's or Forte's :) 

IMG_1996.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, our bedroom TV was on it's last leg. I've had that thing for 20+ years. It served us well.

Now this sucker is really something. We have HD TV's in the house....and they're nice....but they're eight years old already and don't have the resolution this one is capable of.

Honestly, all I really care about is audio.....the visual doesn't really excite me anywhere near as much. However, this picture is really impressive. It's freaking me out how realistic the people, etc. are on the screen.

I can see how you HT guys could get into this. Especially with a killer surround system. Kinda wish I still had my HT stuff.

Well no....not really....but this is cool.[emoji106]7b1d535b7f2fa6c51746bf61f85b3074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1