What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
On 1/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, joshnich said:

Actually it looks pretty interesting. I should transfer some old vcr tapes as well. I looked on the B&H site and it looks like the software is only for windows but in the review section someone mentioned converting to MP4. Do you know if this thing works on Macs?

Just an update

This video converter works great, the part they call EZgrabber. It's the part than connects a VCR to USB for a computer and the program you install on your computer. You press play on the VCR and the running video is on your computer screen, when you want to record you press the REC button on the device and the video shows it's recording and has the running time of the recorder. They also give you a separate program for editing and organizing but on my computer it's very slow, but does work. I think it's just my computer, instead i use a program that came with my photoshop program which also does video and it's much quicker.

This is not a Mac but I would guess it should work with the device made for mac's.

It works great, as it plays it's recorded to the computer, that fast no problems. This is what I really wanted, to get the analog video to digital on the computer,dealing with it once on the computer really has nothing to do with this device. Probably done at least 10 hours of video so far with only one little problem and it was not because of this device.  I had one old video that was a little over 2 hours, after it was on the computer the computer had a problem burning it to a disc being 5.75 GB in size. this was the computers problem. I had to go back and cut it in half to make it workable for the computer.

When recording to the computer if you want to edit out part of a a video all you have to do it press the REC button on the device. This stops the recording part to the computer but it still shows the video running on the computer, when you get to a part of the video you want to continue just press the REC button on the device again and it adds it to where you stopped, easy.

I say all of this because like with many things instructions only explain certain things to get you going, and to say it does work great. It can also do the same straight from the camera.  

• Like 2

I've heard these speakers love power. When we first hooked them up, I had them hooked up to my vintage Sony integrated amp (40 wpc) and they lacked mid-range like male voices. My belles sound great on this amp. I hooked up an old Carver M1.5 amp (325 wpc) while using the Sony as a preamp and it added the missing mid-range. For 102db efficiency, these things are power hungry! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I've heard these speakers love power. When we first hooked them up, I had them hooked up to my vintage Sony integrated amp (40 wpc) and they lacked mid-range like male voices. My belles sound great on this amp. I hooked up an old Carver M1.5 amp (325 wpc) while using the Sony as a preamp and it added the missing mid-range. For 102db efficiency, these things are power hungry! 

But do they sound good? I'll bet they do.

Just now, Ceptorman said:

But do they sound good? I'll bet they do.

They do sound good. That being said, my father, my wife, and myself are very underwhelmed. I guess we are so used to listening to heritage and extended heritage gear, that we are missing the dedicated mid-range horn. The clarity from my belles are tremendous compared to the rf7s.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dtr20 said:

They do sound good. That being said, my father, my wife, and myself are very underwhelmed. I guess we are so used to listening to heritage and extended heritage gear, that we are missing the dedicated mid-range horn. The clarity from my belles are tremendous compared to the rf7s.

I felt the same way about the RF-7 II's when compared to my updated HIP's, the difference in clarity was actually quite shocking.