What I Got Today!

Brac

What?  I think that's precious.  :wub:

If you swap out the mid driver for an K-55-X, add ti tweeter diaphragms, Crites crossovers, some dynamat, maybe brace the cabs...I think you'll have something. 

3da6cfeb00c8133c9a204e24794ea509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Look what followed me home after only an 8 hour driving day, Emotiva XPA-5 gen1.  I've got 5 1m SVS RCA cables coming in Thursday.

My original plan was to use the living room Marantz 6001 as the pre, bi-amping the L/R and using the 5th channel for the Center, but you what?  The Marantz already has 125 watts to 9 discrete amps power a 3.1 RF-83 and RC-64. 

Most of my listening is done in the Mancave so I think I'm going to use the Onk 717 as a pre-out and see if 200 wpc will wake up the CF-4's!

The 77 pound Sherbourn SR-120 AVR in the pic bit the dust, but nobody told me the XPA-5 was close to 90 pounds!

Emotiva XPA5 Small.jpg

CF-4 computer setup.JPG

Good score, those are pretty good amps. I'm not asking how much you paid, but I have noticed how much used Emotiva gear has gone up lately. It is a beast, it will work out well. I have it's brother!

34 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's the same model as the D flat... 

(yes I'm very tired tonight to try such a lame joke :rolleyes:)

I see what you did there :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Don't plan on it, I do have to bring all those banners and hoping not anything else big.

The car was bad last year, between pulling things out and putting stuff back in and the Museum ceremony stuff it was trashed. When we got home it took hours to pull everything out and reorganize and put it away.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Look what followed me home after only an 8 hour driving day, Emotiva XPA-5 gen1.  I've got 5 1m SVS RCA cables coming in Thursday.

My original plan was to use the living room Marantz 6001 as the pre, bi-amping the L/R and using the 5th channel for the Center, but you what?  The Marantz already has 125 watts to 9 discrete amps power a 3.1 RF-83 and RC-64. 

Most of my listening is done in the Mancave so I think I'm going to use the Onk 717 as a pre-out and see if 200 wpc will wake up the CF-4's!

The 77 pound Sherbourn SR-120 AVR in the pic bit the dust, but nobody told me the XPA-5 was close to 90 pounds!

Emotiva XPA5 Small.jpg

You are going to love it, and it is indeed a beast. Get some Gen 2-3 trim for it ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, burninator said:

Just scored a new Pioneer Elite SC-85 for my basement KLF system so I can move the SC-05 to the bedroom to do two channel duty with my other pair of KLF-20s. Can't wait!

Nice... enjoy!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, burninator said:

How do you like yours? You've had it for a bit, right?

Very good... it's way more capable than I use it for. The filter sets and all the mcacc capabilities are quite extravagant. I did basic pro mcacc processing and choose pure direct and I am happy for Home Theater and 5.1 music.

I use class d preouts for my LR fronts and am probably going full preout for all five channels eventually.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Schu said:

Very good... it's way more capable than I use it for. The filter sets and all the mcacc capabilities are quite extravagant. I did basic pro mcacc processing and choose pure direct and I am happy for Home Theater and 5.1 music.

I use class d preouts for my LR fronts and am probably going full preout for all five channels eventually.

Good to hear! I love my SC-05, so I'm happy to get into another Pioneer Elite AVR. I doubt I'll ever use most of its capabilities, but they're nice to have.

2 hours ago, burninator said:

You are going to love it, and it is indeed a beast. Get some Gen 2-3 trim for it ;)

Wow, I can't believe you said what I was thinking!  My first thought when I saw the XPA-5 gen 1 was "I'm pretty sure I have some satin black spray paint in the basement."

Not of fan of the aluminum trim.  Is there any problem with me spray painting it black?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Wow, I can't believe you said what I was thinking!  My first thought when I saw the XPA-5 gen 1 was "I'm pretty sure I have some satin black spray paint in the basement."

Not of fan of the aluminum trim.  Is there any problem with me spray painting it black?

Black sharpie is cheaper....lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:
2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

@Ceptorman these are actually for orders we received for glasses!  :o

I'm sure it's a lot of work, and a lot of your time.

32 minutes ago, teaman said:
2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

@Ceptorman these are actually for orders we received for glasses!  :o

Waiting eagerly....I mean patiently for mine Christie!

Tim

It really takes alot of time, it's a bunch of steps. We had to order the glasses and wait for them to come in, that slows things down also.

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You and Christy sure go above and beyond for the Gathering.....thanks.

We liked them and thought others would and thought it would be nice to give some out.

For a couple of gatherings we gave them away, it was a crazy amount of work, the first time we did it we just brought about 70 glasses and gave them away. The next time everyone who came was given one and it was many more people, as the list of people attending grew we realized we were behind in making them. So much so Kevin Harmon and his wife came here for one weekend before to help finish them because we were running out of time.

We realized we took on almost more than we could handle so we had to stop doing them, many had them already anyway.

They are sandblasted with Aluminum Oxide, but you have to cut a stencil first. Weed out the part you want to engrave then add transfer paper to it, then peel off the paper backing. Put the stencil on the glass then tape off the rest of the glass as to not etch it. Next you etch (sandblast) the glass then un-tape it and clean off the stencil which is a pain. Last we wash the glass to get all the dust and junk off of it. It's alot of time consuming steps and when your doing many it seems to take forever.

It's the same steps for the Yeti style cups except if I make a mistake it's much more expensive, the Yeti's make me nervous. The only thing that can really go wrong is if while sandblasting a small piece if the stencil blows off it etches that spot and it's ruined.

I have 3 of the glasses here, after today 4, all of them have a mistake on them :blush: I can't seem to be able to throw them away so they get used here and one breaks it's no loss.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a secret to tell, one of the 2 years we gave them away 1 of the glasses have a small mistake on it, we decide to let it go like that and whoever found the mistake would win a prize, never had to give the prize no one found or said anything about it. Times UP :lol:

Well one mistake I noticed anyway, there may have been others ? :P

• Like 1