What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
4 hours ago, babadono said:

Some HDMI cables have active circuitry at the sending end and must be on the HDMI "OUT" part of the connection.

Well that would explain why almost everything on TV sucks.

No I get if there is extra parts and not just wires that it could be directional but just wires, sounds fishy. I think the active HDMI wires are need for longer runs, if i remember reading correctly.

4 hours ago, teaman said:

If you keep the remote on a nightstand they are sure to deter home invaders. Imagine getting hit in the head with one of those remotes.....yikes!

I was quite shocked with the remote that came with the DAC, it's tougher and heaver than all the other remotes I have combined.

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

which end is female and male.....?

3 hours ago, USNRET said:

just how long has it been?

That's funny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I have a mid level Emotiva pre-amp, and the remote is a work of art. It's all aluminum and pretty heavy.

Yea those multi channel amps are beasts.

Looks like they've moved away from the beefy remotes. The remotes for my PT-100 and MC-700 are made of light, cheap feeling plastic.

• Moderators

Not to everyone, some get confused as to what to plug in and how.

17 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The male end is positive, the female end is negative.   I mean, it's pretty simple.....

Not with these symbols. :huh:

mf.jpg

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Why is the center conductor a twisted pair? Cuz you have to cancel out the inter capacitance of the two halves of itself. Come on everybody knows that. And if you hook it up backwrds? My goodness can you say mucho Henries of inductance?

Mucho Henries?  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  :wacko:  Whatever that is.  :P

I did get my XPA-5 to fire up for the first time tonight using the Onk 717 as a pre-pro.  It sounded pretty good with the CF-4's, had a lot more bass.  I'll probably do a mini-review in its own thread rather than clutter up this already too-long What I Got Today thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I did get my XPA-5 to fire up for the first time tonight using the Onk 717 as a pre-pro.  It sounded pretty good with the CF-4's, had a lot more bass.  I'll probably do a mini-review in its own thread rather than clutter up this already too-long What I Got Today thread.

There are a few threads around here that I don't think will go away....this is one of them.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rplace said:

That was my point. They both came in the mail together today. AARP and rock Tix. Who would have thought 30-40 years ago?

You would have thought

In the past 40 years you knew all along you were not going to change. Just be happy you grew up with the greatest bands. Where would you be growing up today,  think any beiber fans in 40 years will be bragging about their music, don't think so.

• Like 1