What I Got Today!

Brac

This is more a "What I didn't get today"... First, got my Welborne Labs Moondogs, 2A3 amps back from being serviced (he had them about four months), but he let me listen to them hooked up to some Gauder Akustik Berlina towers, approx. $168k for the pair. I wouldn't have thought they would be so great being dire3ct radiators, and the amps being approx. 2.5 watts max. Well, they were stunning! Full sound, clean, pinpoint imaging. Quite a loooong way out of my league, as I am rather cheap. The tech told me that if he would have known these amps would sound so good when he finished, he would have charged me more. They ended up being within .5 db of each other when he did freq. sweeps.

Now... to finish up the LS I've been working on for the past three years...

Bruce

Gauder_Berlina.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JMON said:

What did you have done to them?

One of them developed a problem that that turned out to be bad coupling cap. He replaced all of those (4), and spent time checking everything else to make sure they were okay and matched between the two monoblocks.

Apparently I have a thing for Luxman and Accuphase gear. I did not know that about myself. Current Accuphase gear is out of my league... for now. From all the reviews from when this was their current lineup, it had very good reviews. I hope to run it for a few years and possibly send it off to be recapped if it even needs it. The internals look to be in very good shape.

My P38s have a tentative buyer and will be replaced by Joseph Audio Pulsars sitting atop Core Audio Designs speaker stands. I am looking forward to pairing the Pulsars with the Luxman for a while and then I am going to switch out and pair them with the Accuphase and ARC Ref 3 for a while.  

These are not my pics. And it is not in my greedy little has yet. It should be here around Tuesday. 

TG77ple.jpg

ZJEI00j.jpg

• Like 4

I snagged my first pair of “older” Klipsch Speakers. These are first gen Epic CF-2 in Cherry. So far, I am really liking them.

I have been a huge supporter of the older Reference speakers and the Paladium line but I am having a good time with my new purchase! 

E3916CE3-EF60-47DF-AB0D-81E4E803E095.jpeg

• Like 6

On 2/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, K5SS said:

I snagged my first pair of “older” Klipsch Speakers. These are first gen Epic CF-2 in Cherry. So far, I am really liking them.

I have been a huge supporter of the older Reference speakers and the Paladium line but I am having a good time with my new purchase! 

E3916CE3-EF60-47DF-AB0D-81E4E803E095.jpeg

CF-2s are underrated speakers. Nice pickup!

59 minutes ago, burninator said:

SC-85 arrived today!

IMG_4225.JPG

Sweet!

What do you think so far?

Have you tried any 5.1 music?

It's pretty feature packed, dont be intimidated by the flexibility of the unit... pure direct is your friend.

• Like 1