What I Got Today!

Brac

21 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

ATI AT602

A new amp usually means speaker wires get moved all over heaven and earth from the old setup, at least that's how it is at my house.  Now I need new wire runs, I've got to find the last couple of banana plugs I have laying around, I know they're here someplace.   You now have some work to do!  :rolleyes:

What are the plans for the new ATI amp?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What are the plans for the new ATI amp?

This is my second AT602, because I have an audio itch that needs quenching on a regular basis. :)

I may use both ATIs in our HT and see how that goes. Not sure what to use for the center channel.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TasDom said:
24 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Is that an older or newer Emo unit? Haven't seen that before. Always like meters......

Discontinued model. I like the meters too.

I liked lighted meters when I was younger but in my old age I'm more of a minimalist.  I'm too easily distracted by pretty flashing lights. 

The early Emo's sometimes had their flaws but a lot of people liked them for their strong performance and built-like-a-tank construction.

Got my home theatre seating/recliners re-stuffed and somewhat rebuilt. These should be good for another 12 years. Man, are these comfortable.....again. Like new!90570747f9936dcd730520c4a5b8282d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Got my home theatre seating/recliners re-stuffed and somewhat rebuilt. These should be good for another 12 years. Man, are these comfortable.....again. Like new!

not asking you to reveal cost; but, was it reasonable -- i mean, a no-brainer compared to buying new ones?  Just curious, as i sit in a chair that is worn out already.

Just now, BigStewMan said:

not asking you to reveal cost; but, was it reasonable -- i mean, a no-brainer compared to buying new ones?  Just curious, as i sit in a chair that is worn out already.

Thousands of upholstery shops across the US would say it's a no brainer.

• Haha 1

I bought this 4 piece set in 2006 for approximately $2300.00. A guy told me this same or similar setup today is $3600.00 and not made as well.

I had a local upholstery company do each chair for $175.00 each and that included adding reinforcement under the springs so they don't separate and eventually cause you to sit in a hole. That hole equals poor lumbar support, etc.

Now I have to mention this as well. This guy was great. It took him a day to do each chair. Like I said, $175.00 for each chair. Before I went to this guy, I got a price from another place in a nearby upscale area. They wanted $1500.00 per chair!

I told the guy to get bent and glad I looked elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Is that an older or newer Emo unit? Haven't seen that before. Always like meters......

Older. Available for a short time about nine years ago. I've always wanted meters and this is my first amp that has them. That is an Emo really sweetened the deal for me.

4 hours ago, TasDom said:

Discontinued model. I like the meters too.

http://emovault.org/EmoVault/RPA-2.aspx

EmoVault for specs on discontinued stuff

http://emovault.org/EmoVault/Default.aspx

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I liked lighted meters when I was younger but in my old age I'm more of a minimalist.  I'm too easily distracted by pretty flashing lights. 

The early Emo's sometimes had their flaws but a lot of people liked them for their strong performance and built-like-a-tank construction.

The meters are actually quite subtle, even in a dark room. Not all that different from the status lights on an XPA.

Built like a tank might even be an understatement 

IMG_4356.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, burninator said:

Shoutout to @teaman for bringing the RPA-2 to my attention. I did not know it existed til about a week ago lol

We have a new verb as I got tea-manned as well!

Tim guided me in on an XPA-5 a couple of weeks ago.  I couldn't be happier with the new amp, the 200 wpc makes the CF-4's sing! 

Small 00001.jpg

• Like 2