What I Got Today!

Brac

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You have a call from headquarters---

"Headquarters, what's that?"

It's a large building full of offices and people,  but that's not important right now...

--- My Gawd you're deep. Time to bring out my shovels and start digging -- ?!? 

• Like 2

• Moderators

We had a satellite guy come by this evening to replace our receiver. Last night the receiver died, it had been acting funny for over a week. Called Dish last night and they had the guy here between 3:30 and 4:30 today, really surprised it was that fast.

I asked him if he wanted to make this easy and fast, I explained everything I checked and what I did and he said the box is dead your right. That was easy, he put a new one let it load up and was gone. We had that old box for years and the old remote was about worn out, it's new now and we did not have to sign a new contract, we have been out of contract for years now and like it like that.

Still surprised they were here today.

1 hour ago, dtr20 said:

My wife and I just got the new Samsung S9 phones last night 😃

Latest and greatest! 

Meaningless Rant:  I'm always aggravated when looking for a new phone because the reviewers almost never comment on the two things that are most important to me; how the speakers sound, and how well does the mic work!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Latest and greatest! 

Meaningless Rant:  I'm always aggravated when looking for a new phone because the reviewers almost never comment on the two things that are most important to me; how the speakers sound, and how well does the mic work!

I really like this phone so far. It actually has stereo speakers, one is the ear piece and the other is at the bottom. It even has Dolby Atmos! I'm not exactly sure how atmos is used, but none the less, it has Atmos. So far the mic seems to work fine for phone calls.

@dtr20 I expect you to test those Atmos modules!  Do you have two, or four?  What do you need to do, point your phone up at the ceiling?  :rolleyes:

If you try it and can't really get a good Atmos sound, I suggest you upgrade to Klipsch RP-140SA.  Those are a little small but they will be easier to carry around with you.  :emotion-21:

Now if it turns out the phone connects wirelessly to your AVR and really does output to Atmos, I'm going to be embarrassed.  :blush:

• Moderators

My phone is better, when i turn it on it says "contact service provider, no service" it's perfect. 10 gigs of music, streaming music apps and no one can call and bother me. It's like a dream phone, I love it.

They say I can call 911 but I wouldn't know how, never had a phone and don't want one. All the kids and grand kids have one, I know because it's all they stare at !

People that want to call me can give my wife a message or stop by. :emotion-21:

And if that is not enough it's 100% free. :biggrin:

• Like 1

With no other item would it be acceptable to have to purchase a 700$-800$ item every year or two to upgrade... I am so sick of these incremental increases in features. I sticking with my edge 6 until the wheels falls off.

I don't even use the stupid edge feature... but I do love the cameras capture capability.

I had thought about getting in on the "Hydrogen One" cell phone pre purchase exclusivity, but thankfully I changed my mind.

• Like 2