What I Got Today!

Brac

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m ascared of pretty women ... until i get to know them. I’ve also been referred to as a goofball by pretty women.  Since i’m drug-free, i don’t take goofballs either.

Hope you and the dog have a great life ... i’m guessing you rescued him.

They flock to you, you just don't trust that.   it's a self esteem issue.

• Haha 1

Hope you and the dog have a great life ... i’m guessing you rescued him.

You are right. He is a rescue. Unfortunately, I don't get to keep him for long, he's a foster furkid. I lost my 15 year old rocker Kelpie last Friday, and when I saw this guy come up in our rescue group, I offered to house him until his new owner comes along.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Actually last night, not today - a great Jazz show at the local college. Matt Otto Quintet. Sax, trombone, standup bass, piano, drums. No amplification or flying arrays as they use in a adjacent larger auditorium. Not only a great show but an honest way to see how the home rig sounds vs. live "acoustic" music. All in all I don't I'm fairing too bad; tone and texture from the horns is damn close, drum kit/cymbals has the right shimmer, bass is spot on and as difficult as piano is to replicate is toneally true. I'm breaking in a new Pass Labs Class A amp that only has about 48 hrs burn in but she is coming along. Tone and texture is "real" and the jump from horns and rim shots are well duplicated. Both the vendor and a message from NP urged me to let things settle in before coming to conclusions on what I have. So far, so pretty damn good --- 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claude Emond said:

Well not today, but last Saturday. Good enough?

Nice pair of Klipschorn that I bought from 76 year old gentleman for 2100$us.Great deal! I’m so happy! They’re awesome. Never heard anything like it.

8FBD7396-314B-498E-BFDC-30F7899D240D.jpeg

congratulations ....I see you pulled

the trigger .....on those klipschorns..

• Like 3

• Moderators

Welcome Claude, in the shape the look to be in I think you got a great deal, they look perfect in your room. It looks like a vintage receiver, if so great choice, I love the way they sound.

Congratulations

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

Welcome Claude, in the shape the look to be in I think you got a great deal, they look perfect in your room. It looks like a vintage receiver, if so great choice, I love the way they sound.

Congratulations

looks like a vintage marantz ..maybe

a 2240 or 2240b ?

• Like 1

No Dirtmud, those are not the one. Sometime being patient and waiting is better. I put a wanted ad on Canuck Audio Mart, and 2 days later a nice man from Montreal send me a message telling me that he’s got a nice pair of KH for sale. I saved a two day trip, 300$ of gas and lodging, and 1000$ on the price. I’m so happy!

• Like 3