What I Got Today!

Brac

Got a new Project Debut Carbon turntable today. It’s an entry level TT but still a big step up from what I had before. Sounds great to me. Had to do some vibration dampening work to my rack but all is good now. Impressed so far.

3c5e0b3af264ce5fc330af63662f884d.jpg

4b1c65ded24e52a197b67ae60b589273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Got a new Project Debut Carbon turntable today. It’s an entry level TT but still a big step up from what I had before. Sounds great to me. Had to do some vibration dampening work to my rack but all is good now. Impressed so far.

3c5e0b3af264ce5fc330af63662f884d.jpg

4b1c65ded24e52a197b67ae60b589273.jpg

I had one for a brief time. They’re great for the price!

I had one for a brief time. They’re great for the price!

Yeah, I wasn’t looking to spend a fortune on a new TT. Extra cash will go to a speaker upgrade (Forte III) where it makes more of a difference.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Tarheel said:

Two Mega Million tickets for tonight.  I should be a shoe in:P

$485,000,000.

Now at half a bil, $502 million.

I should be able to live comfortably on that for a while, in the manner to which I hope to become accustomed. 

+++

Would you buy a luxury car or something more pedestrian like a TOTL model Honda?  That's not a dumb question, I would worry if I bought a fancy car it would attract bad guys.  I don't think I want a nicer car, just a newer car.

We have to talk about this for so we can justify buying tickets for entertainment purposes, otherwise it's just gambling.  :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Now at half a bil, $502 million.

I should be able to live comfortably on that for a while, in the manner to which I hope to become accustomed. 

+++

Would you buy a luxury car or something more pedestrian like a TOTL model Honda?  That's not a dumb question, I would worry if I bought a fancy car it would attract bad guys.  I don't think I want a nicer car, just a newer car.

We have to talk about this for so we can justify buying tickets for entertainment purposes, otherwise it's just gambling.  :ph34r:

I already know what I'd do

hillbilly speaker.jpg

• Haha 2

Hello friends..............been a while since posting something of interest...

Just got the Amateur radio bug last week and thought I would start out by looking for decent old tube gear that was WELL taken care of for many years....   After much watching of auctions on eBay, I had this one picked out and waited a few days watching.   Down to 20 seconds on that final hour and won this beautiful example from 1959 !     I have learned ALL the history on this one, came complete to my door TODAY and just took these photos.....    

A Hammerlund HQ-160  complete with owners manuals AND two brochures !!!    Antenna will arrive this Friday (new) and I got to New Jersey to pick up the transmitter (which is in similar shape)........books to study are next.........radio license sometime this summer...DSCN9859.jpg

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

LOL, we have ours still in the original boxes.  Only a buck?  Should have waited, but they were hard to resist.

First time I saw these at any sale in all the years I've been going. On a glass shelf no less. So it was now or never. Last day was a whole box approximately 10 cars for $5. So not a bad deal. 

• Like 1