What I Got Today!

Brac

I'm luvin this thing....e1d171cbdb7571d715303bc86249c6c6.jpg653d5aa399cbd3de65b4e7182ed09dcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just realized that when UPS delivered this, they backed into the roof gutter that overhangs my garage. Big dent.

My sister worked for UPS for 20 years so I asked her if she ever heard of this kind of thing before. She said it hapoens..... mailboxes, garage doors etc.

Oh well, the amp sounds awesome.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, USNRET said:

New tires and two scratched up wheels in the process. Discount tire is buying me a new pair.

I am wondering how that conversation went?

I've only used them one time on a good set of wheels and I made sure to point out every imperfection (on one rim) before allowing them to mount the tires. I could foresee it getting ugly as they are supposed to use non contact machine.

3 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am wondering how that conversation went?

I've only used them one time on a good set of wheels and I made sure to point out every imperfection (on one rim) before allowing them to mount the tires. I could foresee it getting ugly as they are supposed to use non contact machine.

Actually, it was very pleasant and non-confrontational. Dude parked my truck out and handed me the keys. I strolled around for a once over and noticed several fresh, sharp minor gouges around the wheel bead area. I went back inside, waited on the next available salesperson and took him outside for a look. He examined and felt the sharp edges around the exposed aluminum (black wheels) then went inside to get the manager. Manager came out, looked, rubbed some rubber lube off a couple of wheels, acknowledged the damage (without any comment about age of damage) and after looking the wheels up he said that they appeared to be still manufactured. He called the supplier which was closed on a Saturday and told me that he would call for replacements when California comes to work Monday morning.

Assuming that the replacement wheels are available I could not be happier with the experience. Well, maybe if they had not been scratched.

A little history with Discount Tire (DTC).
You may remember that several years ago someone stole the factory wheels off the SS so insurance bought new ones. Replacement factory ones were not to be found.

Sometime later I noticed some intergranular corrosion under the clear coat and a couple of months later took the truck in to DTC.
Manager was reluctant to address the issue until he heard my training and experience with corrosion.

Warranty was 12 months and it was now 13 months as I did not go right in after I found the issue.

DTC bought me 4 new wheels (different and I paid the 30-50 buck difference for the 4 I picked out)

Long story above but I am very pleased with DTC's pricing and customer service. RECOMMENDED!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, USNRET said:

Long story above but I am very pleased with DTC's pricing and customer service. RECOMMENDED!

Ditto.

I have bought tires & wheels exclusively from Discount Tire Company (DTC) for decades.  I swear by the road hazard certificates (RHC).   When I buy a new car, I immediately go to DTC to purchase RHCs.  I’ve lost track of the number of tires replaced under RHCs.

Years ago house brand tires purchased for an older car were defective. A fill-in manager gave me the run around.  An email to DTC resulted in being immediately summoned to the store where a real manager replaced the housebrands with Michelins at no additional charge.

Last month I took a Ford Transit Connect used in our business in for a flat repair.  When I picked it up, I was informed they had put on a new set of tires, as they just realized the Michelin tires put on two years ago had the wrong rating.  The manager was embarrassed that it had happened and that it hadn’t been caught sooner.  I got two years of tire use for free.

I will never buy tires or wheels anywhere else.

Been using the Blue Jeans 1505 F interconnects for quite a few years now with NO complaints.

I figured what the heck and just decided to get some new ones. I've read that the LC-1's are thicker and not as flexible as the 1505 F's. As far as I can tell, yes they are a little thicker but seem just as flexible as the 1505 F's.

First impressions are that the LC-1'S are more detailed with more clarity but might sound a little thinner. They really shouldn't sound much different but I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that a little burn-in is needed.

Build quality is superb, as it always is from Blue Jeans Cables. [emoji106][emoji106]