What I Got Today!

Brac

31 minutes ago, SWL said:

Build quality is superb, as it always is from Blue Jeans Cables.

I really like them as well.  I've actually had connection issues with cheaper cables.  They'll get loose and when you try to tighten them the outer ring will crack or break.  I've never had that type issue with a BJC.  One of the systems in my garage has a 20 ft cable run that goes by 2 wall receptacles.  There's also 3 fluorescent lights there as well yet I've never had an issue with noise from them.  Highly recommended as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

I really like them as well.  I've actually had connection issues with cheaper cables.  They'll get loose and when you try to tighten them the outer ring will crack or break. 

Yep.... I had that happen with Monster cables years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I haven't had that many different kinds of interconnects but I like how the BJC interconnects click into place when you connect them. Secure connection.

OK, "What I Got Today"; didn't get it yet but is was shipped :D A JVC P-3030 preamp (1977-80). (Was looking for a replacement for my Dynaco PAT-4, such as a PAS-3 or even Bob Latino preamps.) Anyhow, found this and we'll see :) If anyone is familiar with these let me know if they are any good :) Paid $150 for it (one bad aux input, but found a replacement part if needed) ... have seen them for $1000 and up ... will let you know :D 

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SWL said:

I haven't had that many different kinds of interconnects but I like how the BJC interconnects click into place when you connect them. Secure connection.

And they are quite... very silent because of the. Shielding. I went thru a phase of trying upscale wires to see if there was anything related to dollar value... most all of those are horrific. Blue Jeans Cables are perfect, well priced and I see no reason to try another interconnect. Like I had mentioned, their HDMI cables are FANTASTIC even if they have a utilitarian appearance.

I do use another custom maker for my power cables and speaker wiring... but they are also extremely well made and what I consider a bargain.

I just got new power cables for my vrds... they are custom length of 6', solid copper with rhodium plating... well under $100. Your choice of length, shielded or not shielded (more flexible) color etc.

Schmitt custom cables.

39762571520_fd77b76c3f_k.jpg

41570662651_e0ad5096f9_k.jpg

33509838402_d29698b963_k.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SWL said:

Blue Jeans LC-1 interconnects

Excuse me if I'm distracting from your purchase (a good one IMO) but could someone explain something to me about these dang interconnects.

The Blue Jeans LC-1 uses a standard coax cable.  I think most interconnects do, all them have varying amounts of shielding depending on expensive or basic cabling.

I have the 1m SVS Soundpath interconnect (a single wire, not pair)  which is directional and uses a pair of twisted wires internally, 110 Ohm resistance. 

Which type is better for high performance use? Is one better for sub use?  Is the other better for Pre/pro to amp use?  Do they have the same functional performance?

There must be some difference!  :wacko:

6dcfd0ea-65bc-42d4-9913-a2766b6fa60e.jpg

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Excuse me if I'm distracting from your purchase (a good one IMO) but could someone explain something to me about these dang interconnects.

The Blue Jeans LC-1 uses a standard coax cable.  I think most interconnects do, all them have varying amounts of shielding depending on expensive or basic cabling.

I have the 1m SVS Soundpath interconnect (a single wire, not pair)  which is directional and uses a pair of twisted wires internally, 110 Ohm resistance. 

Which type is better for high performance use? Is one better for sub use?  Is the other better for Pre/pro to amp use?  Are they the same, functionally? 

Why not contact BJC directly?

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

Why not contact BJC directly?

Because they aren't open right now, and some of you guys stay up all night figuring this stuff out.  B)

Actually, good suggestion.  Should I direct my question to BJC or SVS?

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Don't we already have a cable thread:rolleyes:

There might be one or two.  Most people don't comment in those threads because everybody already agrees.  :D

Actually I was thinking about starting another cable thread.  It's an angle I have never seen anybody address before but it's a good question about using different kinds of material in the cables for the HF and LF when bi-amping.

And yes, cables do make a difference.  :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Which type is better for high performance use? Is one better for sub use?  Is the other better for Pre/pro to amp use?  Do they have the same functional performance?

In un balanced interconnects the most important factor is the resistance of the shield. The capacitance per foot is important also but unless we're talking about ridiculous amounts of capacitance  and long runs it doesn't matter much. We're not listening to anything at 1 megahertz:) Most of us older guys aren't listening to anything above 15 kilohertz:D

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Most of us older guys aren't listening to anything above 15 kilohertz:D

Make mine 12!  :wacko:

2 hours ago, babadono said:

In un balanced interconnects the most important factor is the resistance of the shield

Resistance of the shield is most important?  I had never heard that before.  But there is far more I don't know than what I do know.

I know I couldn't hear any difference between a quad shielded coax and my new fancy SVS 2-wire interconnects but I also have to understand the why, and pick the "best" one for my needs within my budget.  I am a believer in a lot of little improvements add up to a big improvement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Make mine 12!  :wacko:

Resistance of the shield is most important?  I had never heard that before.  But there is far more I don't know than what I do know.

I know I couldn't hear any difference between a quad shielded coax and my new fancy SVS 2-wire interconnects but I also have to understand the why, and pick the "best" one for my needs within my budget.  I am a believer in a lot of little improvements add up to a big improvement.

Mine is 10 on a good day. Sometimes 10.4.

JJK

• Haha 1