What I Got Today!

Brac

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've read about them over the last few years, heard people complain about them.  Some fix the hum by using cheater plugs, some use Cleanbox Pro, but I've never understood the the root problem.

Maybe because of my computer background but I've always wondered if a dedicated ground to each circuit would do the job.  Dedicated as in driving a metal grounding rod into the physical earth and wiring the audio outlet directly into that one ground rod.  That used to be identified by an orange plate on the outlet. 

You electrical guys will know more about what I'm talking about than I do.

Not code! The only other sallution might be a  250VA MIRCO POWER CONDITIONER TRANSFORMER. I didn't get one yet! So I can't say first hand,but what I have read throughout the years. That that's the fix. ???

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Maybe because of my computer background but I've always wondered if a dedicated ground to each circuit would do the job.  Dedicated as in driving a metal grounding rod into the physical earth and wiring the audio outlet directly into that one ground rod.  That used to be identified by an orange plate on the outlet. 

Nope. Usually makes it worse. And is almost always against code.

5 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Not code! The only other sallution might be a  250VA MIRCO POWER CONDITIONER TRANSFORMER

It's been probably 30 years but I have an image in my mind of a school that had a computer lab wired with all those orange outlets and I remember seeing a whole bunch of rods side-by-side-by-side driven into the earth with wires attached.  It certainly could be I didn't know what I was looking at.

25 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It's been probably 30 years but I have an image in my mind of a school that had a computer lab wired with all those orange outlets and I remember seeing a whole bunch of rods side-by-side-by-side driven into the earth with wires attached.  It certainly could be I didn't know what I was looking at.

High school? Were you drinking the COOLAID?    ''sorry'' I had to go there.:D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, babadono said:

MAY NOT be a ground loop. May be common impedance coupling. There IS a scientific way to figure out what the problem is(and solve it). @Youthman did you start a thread about your issue? I think we've polluted this thread enough.:P

Agreed on both points.

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I've read about them over the last few years, heard people complain about them.  Some fix the hum by using cheater plugs, some use Cleanbox Pro, but I've never understood the the root problem.

You electrical guys will know more about what I'm talking about than I do.

I wonder if my idea would work for you.  Run a dedicated ground pipe and wire it directly to your cable box.  That should isolate your ground problems.

I tried it all...Except what babadono said:common impedance coupling. That's the only thing I never tried......

Monolith 7X. After six months of almost daily site checking, I finally acquired a Monoprice Monolith 7X 7 channel amplifier with XLR inputs.  This is the first day this exact product has ever been available for sale to anyone ever. It has been listed and talked about, but inventory was always 0 with ETA dates of perpetually increasing time frames. When I first seen the actual item in stock, I quickly placed 100 units in the checkout, and Monoprice.com updated the cart to 10 units, so very few were actually available at the time, but I was busy at the time, and had to come back to it later. 2 hours later another quick check and the inventory had gone down to 7. Hurried home. Conversations with the wife, quick check of my constitutions, momentary loss of a credit card, and finally I made the purchase with only 1 item remaining in inventory. Sweating bullets thinking I could have missed out, I confirmed my purchase both with my credit card company and with Monoprice to make certain there were no glitches. I indeed will receive the last unit available. My package will be boxed in its original packaging, and placed inside of a larger box, and overfilled with foam pellets, as per my request when I contacted them about my shipping concerns of a 105 pound shipping weight. I placed a thread in Alert! with more details so others can get in. 

145663.jpg

14566_09.jpg

14566_06.jpg

14566_08.jpg

14566_07.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

as per my request when I contacted them about my shipping concerns of a 105 pound shipping weight. I placed a thread in Alert! with more details so others can get in. 

Awesome! 

Good job staying with it.  I just checked the Monoprice site and they are out-of-stock.

Amazon $205, next day shipping.

I just changed the cart. put on my Ortofon Super40, I can hear the difference from my Stanton 500 mkii.

Helped on the low end, more divined mids still a lil thin. Maybe there is a burn in period.

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I just checked the Monoprice site and they are out-of-stock.

Monoprice has a standing order for 250 total units. 25 more units are on a truck.  If anyone wants one try to call them directly on the phone and order, if it showing out of stock. There is a waiting list 6 Months long of interested buyers, who are just now getting email notifications about the item being available. 5 channel, and 3 channel XLR units in identical build will be arriving soon as well. These are ATI amps, most likely from the 2000 series. This series has been in production for 10 years at 2x-3x cost over the Monolith. OEM for names like Lexicon, JBL, Earthquake Sound, Cinepro, Outlaw Audio, and they have bought out BGW, B & K, and Theta.

4 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Monolith 7X. After six months of almost daily site checking, I finally acquired a Monoprice Monolith 7X 7 channel amplifier with XLR inputs.  This is the first day this exact product has ever been available for sale to anyone ever. It has been listed and talked about, but inventory was always 0 with ETA dates of perpetually increasing time frames. When I first seen the actual item in stock, I quickly placed 100 units in the checkout, and Monoprice.com updated the cart to 10 units, so very few were actually available at the time, but I was busy at the time, and had to come back to it later. 2 hours later another quick check and the inventory had gone down to 7. Hurried home. Conversations with the wife, quick check of my constitutions, momentary loss of a credit card, and finally I made the purchase with only 1 item remaining in inventory. Sweating bullets thinking I could have missed out, I confirmed my purchase both with my credit card company and with Monoprice to make certain there were no glitches. I indeed will receive the last unit available. My package will be boxed in its original packaging, and placed inside of a larger box, and overfilled with foam pellets, as per my request when I contacted them about my shipping concerns of a 105 pound shipping weight. I placed a thread in Alert! with more details so others can get in. 

145663.jpg

14566_09.jpg

14566_06.jpg

14566_08.jpg

14566_07.jpg

Spending that vacation check? lol Nice enjoy. Brother UBC

• Like 1

Bought a quad of these NOS GE5670 5 Star Premium black plates/triple mica with white lettering.

Absolutely dig these tubes in my Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2. I've rolled several tubes through this DAC and these come out on top every time as well as the similar red lettered GE tubes from the same era.

Honorable mention goes to the Western Electric tube as well as the pinched waist Tesla.....but these NOS GE tubes from the 50's-60's just have that discrete, tooby sound that I love.

Combined with the plug and play discrete opamps from Sparkos Labs, this DAC ain't going nowhere anytime soon.bfc4c77a52d6b9fab1ec72bba8f0e4db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1