What I Got Today!

Brac

BTW, after owning many different Klipsch speakers over the years, and always having 2 Khorns and a LaScala center all along since my early 20's (30 years), I sold that entire setup to Hpower 11 years ago for a very reasonable price. I delivered the Khorns to him back then, as I was driving up to Ottawa to pick up 4 MWMs' bins to start my Commercial Klipsch/JBL/EV "horn stack" journey in 2007. Those MWMs influenced my Quarter Pie design, but I have always wanted Jubes in addition to all my other stuff (don't ask).  l So now it's only fitting that I have come full circle and bought HIS Jubilee Clones. LOL. This where the expression "all good" truly comes in.

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

Seem like good fodder for discussing on forums where people are traveling and want to spout what they think but not what they know.

I'm a "just the facts" kind of guy with an engineering background. So hope I've answered your original question adequately by sharing my experience. I believe that we are better off thinking we are lucky instead of smart. The minute we think we are too smart, the "system" will bite us in the butt via an overzealous government official, which, luckily, I didn't get this time through.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I did, and still do,  but that was HT that served double duty for stereo in my studio apartment/loft. Now that setup  will be down the basement with a new 4K projector on a 120" screen this year, in the "new" 1944 brick house. The Jubes are for my living room 2 Channel setup, now that I have a living room instead of a second story "cave,"  I wanted some pretty speakers for a change. I have TWO of the Yamaha CX-A500's with the amazing ESS Sabre DAC chips and YPAO room correction, so now I will have one for 2 channel, and one for 7.4 HT (or 6.4 depending on whether I use Heresy's ot TD-1's for surrounds).  I have some work to do in the room before I decide to upgrade to Atmos 7.4.4..  That will require building my own on/in ceiling speakers (I have too many drivers not to).

Well, your new acquisitions are beautiful.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

. . . now that I have a living room instead of a second story "cave,"

I always liked the charm of your "second story cave."  Not everyone has a loft in a 1930s Packard dealership.  Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing your new place.

BTW, I believe the statute of limitations for underage drinking in Quebec has long since run, so feel free to admit to sampling beer in Montreal as a youth. ;)

Years ago, as we entered US from Toronto, a customs official asked us about a small piece of "art" we received as a wedding gift.  The customs official was puzzled as to how to evaluate it.  We agreed that neither of us would pay $50 for it, so that was that.  We've since given it away.  Don't tell our friends who gave it to us. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

BTW, I believe the statute of limitations for underage drinking in Quebec has long since run, so feel free to admit to sampling beer in Montreal as a youth

I was only 5 in Montreal, then moved to Valleyfield until 10, then Detroit. No sampling until late Jr. High in Mich.

• Haha 1

OK; got this 1977-80 JVC P-3030 preamp off eBay.  Tested it vs my PAT-4 and my neighbors PAS-3.  Think it sounds much better, but no clue. :D  Anyone familiar with these? Some more pics in next post :) 

IMG_2104.JPG

• Like 1

OK; seems the "2 MB" limit has a time constraint.  Very nice components ... bass/treble/volume knobs are all "discrete."  Anyone familiar with this?  Only info I found was $450 in 1978 and specs on hifiengine.

Cheers, Emile

IMG_2106.JPG

On 4/8/2018 at 12:27 PM, dirtmudd said:

Just pick this up for Gia....

White Communion Dress SP917 (6-14 years and plus sizes)

Current Stock:

White Communion Dress SP917 (6-14 years and plus sizes)

On 4/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, dirtmudd said:

Just picked Gia's first communion dress..

On 4/8/2018 at 12:33 PM, dirtmudd said:

Gia picked it out on Friday.....

So I splurged on her... One of many special events

In her life....

So I wanted to make sure ... That she feels special !

On 4/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, dirtmudd said:

This is what I tell Gia

On 4/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, dirtmudd said:

I had to dig a little deeper in my pocket....

But that's what Gia picked out...

When she tried it on.. You should of seen the excitement in her eyes...

What I paid for was service.... And a big smile on Gia's face....

Just like the MasterCard commercial...

Priceless !  

On 4/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, dirtmudd said:

And the day before made a appointment...

For her hair to be done

http://www.serendipityhairsalon1991.com

It's that time

IMG_20180505_062820.jpg

IMG_20180505_062835.jpg

• Like 2