What I Got Today!

Brac

On 5/15/2018 at 8:54 PM, JBCODD said:

First fruits uv de season:  a few termaters and some figs. Had more uv each, but my wife enjoyed a few. The fig tree has responded well to the vigorous pruning I gave it over the winter, and is producing more and larger fruits this year.

IMG_0615.JPG

Already? It'll be July or so before my fig tree starts fruiting.

43 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Already? It'll be July or so before my fig tree starts fruiting.

The growing season starts early in the Phoenix area. I typically plant the termaters at the end of February or first week of March. The fig tree shows leaves about that time as well.

• Like 1

I picked up 4 black granite slabs for some future audio related projects. Just not sure what yet. Could be plinths on the new equipment rack I am still designing. Could be used to decouple the Chorus II's from the 2nd story wood floor. Could be used to protect the tops of those same speakers. However they get used, I just like the high polish nearly full black look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I picked up 4 black granite slabs for some future audio related projects. Just not sure what yet. Could be plinths on the new equipment rack I am still designing. Could be used to decouple the Chorus II's from the 2nd story wood floor. Could be used to protect the tops of those same speakers. However they get used, I just like the high polish nearly full black look.

22 1/2" x 37" for now, until I cut them up as needed.

How would you use them in your set up?

20180517_134800-800x600.jpg

20180517_134950-800x600.jpg

I would use those as shelving for components in a custom wood stand. Nice looking stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

20180517_134800-800x600.jpg

20180517_134950-800x600.jpg

My UFC Brother, nice pieces. I personally use maple. The fun of our hobby is experimenting. I have my "CORNS & 4-Forte" sitting on top of 3 1/2" Maple with Mapleshade's heavy feet decoupled to the floor. I'm sure they will look nice but they might change the sound for better or worse. Keep us informed.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, Ceptorman said:

Congrats....just curious, what is AMU?

American Military University, it's part of the Public University group.  I opted with them since work has a good relationship with them, and there's a chance at some loan forgiveness there.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 7:18 AM, Schu said:

I've got figs already also, albeit not quite ripe yet. 

There are figs growing in the garden where I work. North Georgia has had a really warm Spring. The one tree is pretty full.

20180517_134800-800x600.jpg.315aec0a73ebc415a2fdb32f30c6b2dc.jpg
20180517_134950-800x600.jpg.6bff8c6948c8251f635e751bb15d226b.jpg
I've been thinking of doing this to put on top of my 30's. There's a granite place right by my house.

How much did that granite cost ya?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There was an estate sale in my neighborhood and I saw the "Live in Paris" cd. I have read in many threads that Ms Krall had a voice made for Klipsch speakers. My wife and I have a few trips planned for this summer and she is tired of mY usual playlist. She likes Adele and I figured she might like This, so I invested the two bucks. Played it while driving to the church to set up our monthly food bank. My wife sez: Yeah, I can listen to this. 

I sez dayum, she has a great backing band! I take a closer look at the cd case. WHAT?!!??? She plays the piano as well? Holy talent, Batman! 

Anyway, cruised the local Goodwill stores and got three more cd's for three bucks.

Why have I not seen any comments about the music she plays, only talk about her voice? 

IMG_0622.JPG

• Like 1

Habitat for Humanity ReStore. $50 each, approximately $9 sq. ft.

At this point, I am leaning toward cutting to make tops for 5 speakers and 2 equipment racks. This will add approximately 27 pounds of mass. Going this route I would probably use something like Herbies grungebustor pads for a protection layer between granite tops and wood tops. I always wanted glass tops, and this would be an even cooler upgrade than that.

As these slabs are 3/4" (2cm), I have determined the rack design I am going with just will not allow for this granite to be used as shelving without needing to add a sub shelf layer to support the granite layer. So my shelving will instead be a 1 3/4" wood material that I have in great abundance here, which I need to find uses for to consume it all anyway. Speaker platforms my come at a later date, even though that would have most likely given the biggest change(better or worse), to the audio signature of the room.

P.S. I have a laminate floor, and am not going spike it. I could spike a platform though. I should probably move this to a new thread now. Thank you.

If you are looking for isolation feet try Sorbothane Hemispheres in Duro 50 or 30. I wouldn’t use anything else.