What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

Picked up a minty B&K Reference 200.7 S2. 4d0fd089f7babbe6b36d18027cd19c9f.jpg1d31bb72fa19b0b9460ac2a4c3ae42aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! I helped a member here with pickup and shipping of that same model. Only had it hooked for a few hours but I was very impressed with it. Heavy son of a gun and deep as well.

Congrats and enjoy!

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, K5SS said:

So far I am very pleased! I have had many amps over the years and this one has something special.

The B&K 200.7 was my second multi-channel amp.  It was fantastic.  Only sold it when I upgraded to the Sherbourn 7/2100 (200x7) amp.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:30 PM, JBCODD said:

There was an estate sale in my neighborhood and I saw the "Live in Paris" cd. I have read in many threads that Ms Krall had a voice made for Klipsch speakers. My wife and I have a few trips planned for this summer and she is tired of mY usual playlist. She likes Adele and I figured she might like This, so I invested the two bucks. Played it while driving to the church to set up our monthly food bank. My wife sez: Yeah, I can listen to this. 

I sez dayum, she has a great backing band! I take a closer look at the cd case. WHAT?!!??? She plays the piano as well? Holy talent, Batman! 

Anyway, cruised the local Goodwill stores and got three more cd's for three bucks.

Why have I not seen any comments about the music she plays, only talk about her voice? 

IMG_0622.JPG

Her husband is Elvis Costello

• Like 1

I think Diana Krall is a better piano player than she is a singer. She tends to get a bit breathy in her delivery, which limits her to a second tier jazz singer in my book. She does choose excellent material from the jazz canon that suits her style perfectly and has stellar sidemen on her albums. Don't think I am being too critical, I have 8 or so of her records.

• Like 1

Three witnesses that he had protected green and other ran red; other received the ticket for running light. Last few hours obtaining images at ER for the lawyer. There was red light cameras but the city quit making cases cost vs fine ratio don't know if they are still operational.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:56 PM, wvu80 said:

I just ordered this $7 remote for my Onk 717 AVR from China.  I know what you're thinking, this post should go into the "What I Will Get 3 Weeks from Now" thread but I couldn't find one.

I feel pretty confident in this transaction as according to the ad, there are "more than 49% sold."

It looks like I'm their second customer and the other guy who bought one was pretty happy.  Besides, if I don't like it I have 30 days to send it back to China, so what have I got to lose?     🉐️ (Japanese sign meaning "bargain.)

I know you're not supposed to quote yourself, but Emile gave me a smiley and the remote already came in so I thought I'd update you.

The remote is brain damaged.  It will control the Onkyo 717 AVR but CAN NOT be programmed to run any other device like the original.  A specific button needed to be used in tandem with the TV button (for instance) is NOT on the remote.  It's just missing!

I contacted China and the response was "Dear Friend there is no manual and I am not a programmer.  Sorry."

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Driver ran red light when Jeffrey was in process of protected left turn.

Just hope he is alright in the long run, other driver probably distracted with a phone.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Passport expired so we needed to get a new pic to mail in with the renewal. Local chain drugstore does them, Walgreens, $30 for us to get the 2 little pics to mail in, thought that was high for a little pic, but it is an "official" passport picture. Next is the cost to renew, this will make the picture seem cheap.

Good thing it last 10 years.Told the kid behind the counter something's wrong it's old people in the pics, the 18 year old laughed. ☹️

• Haha 3

Local fella selling gear had a pair of pass ACA mono amps on the cheap, I love mine,  so why not pick them up for backups. Brought them home hooked them up with my existing power supplies they sound just fine. Now I have the pass B-1 buffer / pre I got from rich I could actually set up another system :)  Decisions decisions 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, USNRET said:

Three witnesses that he had protected green and other ran red; other received the ticket for running light. Last few hours obtaining images at ER for the lawyer. There was red light cameras but the city quit making cases cost vs fine ratio don't know if they are still operational.

I'm glad you son is safe Mike and assuming there was no one in the passenger seat?

I remember when you found that car.

• Like 1

bought in Colossus last saturday...

calm before the storm

40750567810_dd9dd79d89_k.jpg

starting stack

42507183812_2b0ceaa00d_k.jpg

break 1

42559120961_99a9040b41_k.jpg

break 2

42559121211_357d884f2a_k.jpg

busted out after 6 levels but I played cash for 14 straight hours after that... conclusion, all profit :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm glad you son is safe Mike and assuming there was no one in the passenger seat?

I remember when you found that car.

Thanks Carl, Jeffrey had dropped off the pax about 5 minutes before. Looking for a replacement Genesis Coupe or FR-S