What I Got Today!

Brac

20 hours ago, dtel said:

And to think of the things that went on in front of those speakers, now that's good memories. :emotion-21:

Quite right you don't get that at the regular theater. We used to do a variety of things there not acceptable in general public seating areas.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, Ceptorman said:

I was on my way to the Skyline last summer when a thunderstorm popped up, turned around and went home. I haven't been to a drive in theater in 30 years!

Do you remember the name of a drive in around Clermont that showed naughty movies?

No

The one I remember was Blackford County Drive in near Muncie.

So far, the mids coming from this pre are admirable. Much better than my 3600.

It's going to Stereo Rehab in Chicago pronto so he can wave his magic wand over it. Guy does great work and is very fair with his prices.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had one many years ago hooked up to a pair of Marantz mono blocks.  Wish I would have never sold them.
I've gone through quite a bit of equipment over the years and I always end up going back to early-mid 70's Marantz. After it's restored I really dig it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I finally finished fabricating my new custom built DIY audio/video racks to hold my new gear, and here everything is in place.  I custom color matched the shelves to match the oiled walnut Chorus II's. It was a pain waiting each day for another layer to dry, but the 4 stage color was really worth it. It looks 30 years old already. I knew it would be a little glossy, but I would have to wait a month before I could buff it out, so it will stay this way.

Now the Monolith 7x amplifier has a proper home, the center channel is standing upright as it should have been all along.

Next will be covering all 5 speakers and both audio racks with black granite slabs for protection, added mass, and just plain cool factor.

• Like 3