What I Got Today!

Brac

Went up to JoeM place and brought home a PAIR of Tuba Subs. The floor is really shaking [emoji4] Initial Measurements show The 50HZ suck out I had before Is  GONE. 
Hey Joe are you using a Mini-DSP or something similar to control those Tubas?

For me the magic happened when I got the Mini DSP 2x4 hd to adjust the slope to the subs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not yet right now they are running off my Crown XLS1002 crossing at 100HZ the articulation and impact are unbelievable, Listening to Sheffeild Labs drum track gives me a whole new appreciation for a good sub VS A mediocre one. The tuba absolutely slays my poor ole 12" peerless pair 

subs.PNG

• Like 5

Nice grab.  Lots of juice in that one's veins.  Would love to have one.  Enjoy!
Just fired it up. This amp's got IT. It's got balls at low volumes. The bass. My God THE BASS!

Taking it to my tech (Stereo Rehab) tomorrow to go through it and also picking up the matching preamp (Model 3300) that he just restored.

This is it. I've always loved Klipsch and Marantz. I don't know why I didn't get these pieces sooner.

Christmas in July. [emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SWL said:

Just fired it up. This amp's got IT. It's got balls at low volumes. The bass. My God THE BASS!

Taking it to my tech (Stereo Rehab) tomorrow to go through it and also picking up the matching preamp (Model 3300) that he just restored.

This is it. I've always loved Klipsch and Marantz. I don't know why I didn't get these pieces sooner.

Christmas in July. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Same with the Marantz and Klipsch combo.  Although, I've only used AVR's.  The bass thing is an issue.  My mains have never produced the bass that many talk about.  Have an SR8002 now, 125 across all channels, Torodial tranformer, last of the AVR's to have it, but doesn't drive the low end, at least to me anyway.  Would love to try a 250, or 250M, and see what happens.  I think you've just concluded my suspicion.

Same with the Marantz and Klipsch combo.  Although, I've only used AVR's.  The bass thing is an issue.  My mains have never produced the bass that many talk about.  Have an SR8002 now, 125 across all channels, Torodial tranformer, last of the AVR's to have it, but doesn't drive the low end, at least to me anyway.  Would love to try a 250, or 250M, and see what happens.  I think you've just concluded my suspicion.
The bass is killer but a little tired the more I listen. My tech will take care of that. I buy em.....he brings em back to life.

• Like 1

I have tried many an AVR and have always found them compressed/processed sounding to my ears, much as an MP3 of my favorite recording might sound.   Regardless of what's the specs on paper are or what they have in then, doesn't tell you what they will sound like.   B&K makes some killer older gear that you can find used for great bargains and IMO sound amazing for the price.  Super cheap sometimes 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

No offense to any here, but AVRs and dedicated  quality integrated stereo amps and separates are Def different animals.  Both certainly serve a purpose.  Nice looking marantz BTW.... 

Your statement is far too broad to be anything other than :pwk_bs:. Some maybe, but not all.