What I Got Today!

Brac

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, JBCODD said:

Just got back from my latest grandsons baptism in Kansas City and what do I find in my mailbox? Some liquid deliscious, courtesy of @oldtimer. Both are quite zesty and tasty. The Mordor Mud is fruity and fast acting, with a smooth finish, while the Soltice Scream wakens the whole palate, with a building finish that concentrates on the front of the tongue. 👅

Thanks @oldtimer.

IMG_0667.JPG

You not only have a good palate, you have the ability to translate it into words for the rest of us.  

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 12:41 PM, Schu said:

se100

Astell&Kern Futura SE100... 8 Channel ES9038Pro chipset with femto clocking.

41586282420_a804d6d2cf_k.jpg

43346580702_5f050919b8_k.jpg

28524996987_653afbbcd9_k.jpg

just when you thought there isn't really a difference between better end DAP's... there really is.

Even with my in ear X20's there is an unrealistic increase in separation and clarity... with the Focal Clears it is really unworldly.

this thing has more conversion capability than my stand alone main system DAC

• Like 3

Yaaaaaassssss, I got a couple bottles the other day and forgot to mention it to you Oldltimer!  I was like...  What's this then saw the addy and knew!   Good stuff!  Tomorrow gonna throw on about 8 bacon and cheese brats and road test it!  Bwa ha ha!!!  Thanks very much!  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schu said:

Astell&Kern Futura SE100... 8 Channel ES9038Pro chipset with femto clocking.

41586282420_a804d6d2cf_k.jpg

43346580702_5f050919b8_k.jpg

28524996987_653afbbcd9_k.jpg

just when you thought there isn't really a difference between better end DAP's... there really is.

Even with my in ear X20's there is an unrealistic increase in separation and clarity... with the Focal Clears it is really unworldly.

this thing has more conversion capability than my stand alone main system DAC

Congrats... It should for that price. LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

:pwk_bs:

images.jpg

Yup, know EXACTLY where you're coming from w/that post...  Phono stage is next for me, then I said I was quitting until this pair of Khorns slipped into my life.  Drooling even more now...  I think I'm beginning to see why women have trouble buying shoes...  Just one pair...  Then another pair...  So you divide that cost by 2 for a laff @ $100 a foot for a $200 pair of shoes...  They fail to see the humor in that though...  That settles it...  No wifey so I guess I can buy the Khorns!  Maybe...   lol

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

images.jpg

Oh, goodness, I can relate! Not only do I have a problem with buying more gear, I don't like to get rid of any of my older gear! I have a complete rack in our storage area that has nothing but boxes (yes I keep the original boxes) of all of the components, with very few exceptions, that I've replaced when I upgraded. Heck, I still have the Marantz 4400 (in its original overseas double box) that I purchased at the Yokosuka Navy Exchange when I left Japan for the US in 1975. 😲

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dtel said:

images.jpg

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

• Like 1

Dunlap-Clarke "Dreadnaught 500" power amp.

In my possession for a demo. Very impressed so far. I'm thinking it's a keeper. Very rare. Totally restored by Stereo Rehab in Chicago.

It's rustic look goes good in my room.....and the sound is IMPRESSIVE at 75-80db. I'll play it a little longer before I light this thing up. It's got some balls. We were rocking it at his shop on some big JBL's.20180714_174057.thumb.jpeg.21d31cfae123c65eb85b9d3bdfde158a.jpeg86ef3458aaca4b0d68a77579acdd16ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SWL said:

Dunlap-Clarke "Dreadnaught" power amp.

In my possession for a demo. Very impressed so far. I'm thinking it's a keeper. Very rare. Totally restored by Stereo Rehab in Chicago.

It's rustic look goes good in my room.....and the sound is IMPRESSIVE at 75-80db. I'll play it a little longer before I light this thing up. It's got some balls. We were rocking it at his shop on some big JBL's.20180714_174057.jpeg86ef3458aaca4b0d68a77579acdd16ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Love the Marantz 3300

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, SWL said:

It's rustic look goes good in my room.....and the sound is IMPRESSIVE at 75-80db.

It looks like the glass is sagging from the weight of that monster.

5 hours ago, Schu said:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Problem is it seems to be mostly worn out, wondering if I need to make it last a little longer ?