What I Got Today!

Brac

Ok, I gotta blurt it out. The bass is tight. The soundstage is huge with more air/separation. Instruments and voices are more realistic.

Did I mention that the BASS IS TIGHT?!!![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good eye Dtel.[emoji106]

The glass was actually sagging a half inch in the middle. The Crown has been in that spot for years on it's own at 50lbs. Now, with the additional 60lbs of the Dreadnaught I took the Crown outta there. Takes a hell of an amp to give that Crown the boot......and the Dreadnaught has proven to me to be a hell of an amp.

It doesn't have the scary power of the Crown but surpasses it in sound quality (by a mile) and has more than enough power to rock the house.[emoji106]

• Like 2

70cb375685c222375ea2291650ed87a5.jpg480233f269738ab52005f281f6cc68fb.jpg

Found a HK 630 in a thrift store; seems to be working fine... I guess?

Missing a knob, little dusty and dirty, but the sound is sweet.

Upon powering it up, the woofers of my Rb61 kept moving in and out for a few seconds; no clue what that was.

Going to clean it up and perhaps find a tune up place in Albuquerque. So excited!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Amazon had these little buggers half off.  They'll be my new tv speakers for a small flat panel in my bedroom.  I just couldn't take those mini down firing tv speakers any more.  Boy, what a difference they made.

20180715_132759.jpg

Know what you mean. I bought an SB120 and loved the sound. Only problem I had was keeping volumes synched up between the 120 and what was displayed on the TV. The two units didn't always get the signal from the remote at the same time. Yes, the TV speakers were switched off, but their display level was displayed. Oh, well.

16 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Know what you mean. I bought an SB120 and loved the sound. Only problem I had was keeping volumes synched up between the 120 and what was displayed on the TV. The two units didn't always get the signal from the remote at the same time. Yes, the TV speakers were switched off, but their display level was displayed. Oh, well.

My problem was that the audio output was at a fixed level and there was no way I was getting out of bed to adjust the volume.  The chip amp that powers these doesn't have a remote either.  I bought one of these.  https://www.amazon.com/MCM-CUSTOM-50-8394-CONTROL-IR/dp/B01CX82KH2  It goes inbetween the amp and tv audio out.  Works great.  It's an easy way to add audio remote control.

For years.....first thing walking in the door after work was turning on the stereo. Now it's normally only Friday night through the weekend.

Today, after working a 13 hour day I flew home to turn this baby on. I'm so impressed with this amp.[emoji106]04ac2422afd0f61074a55b28c844d7b7.jpg

• Like 4

Yes I have. I owned a lot of that already and it was time to let it go.  I have a much smaller house in a better area and sacrifices had to be made.  The Forte III will be the winner for me.  I am listening to the Forte I completely stock right now and they sound great in the room. I can only imagine that the III will be amazing. 

• Like 2