What I Got Today!

Brac

38 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Always a good thing. No more curb rash, I hope.   

His car was totaled by an uninsured driver that ran a red light at 50 MPH and T-Boned the passenger door. Long day, at Omaha NE. airport at 0400 arriving Corpus at 1100 then home, then Corpus to San Antonio...deal with car salesman, pay, paper, paper, paper, eat then back to Corpus. 19 hours today.

So sick of salesman. I am not financing not buying extended warranty. I have $100 USD bills to pay you. SHUT UP and take my money. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@usnret sorry to hear that. The leeches are always out for blood. You boy is alive and not injured (it seems). This is a blessing in disguise.  I wish you the best with the rest of your ventures strangled off by the blood sucking insurance companies 

Banged up not severely hurt. That is the best part.

Passenger after.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, USNRET said:

My son got replacement wheels from when his car was totaled June 1st.
2015 Scion FR-S

Good looking car he should be smiling, good dad. :emotion-21:

Glad he's OK it could have been much worse

• Like 1

Yea....

A guy I use to work with...known as JBL Paul......has a soft spot for Thorens.......I think he has 4 or 5 TD 160/166/125.....I really respect his opinion...

I figured I'd give one a try....been looking for  while...saw the condition ...saw the cartridge ...couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

After doing the anti HUM rewiring....It's a keeper....Going to add it to my Sansui system

George

WP_20180318_009 (Medium).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oldred said:

Yea....

A guy I use to work with...known as JBL Paul......has a soft spot for Thorens.......I think he has 4 or 5 TD 160/166/125.....I really respect his opinion...

I figured I'd give one a try....been looking for  while...saw the condition ...saw the cartridge ...couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

After doing the anti HUM rewiring....It's a keeper....Going to add it to my Sansui system

George

You should change your avatar name.. Too dirty dog !

That's i nice little set up there..

You dirty dog !

And more shelving for more toys !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldred said:

Yea....

George

PM sent

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

You should change your avatar name.. Too dirty dog !

That's i nice little set up there..

You dirty dog !

And more shelving for more toys !

Yea..... still working on filling shelves....got time.

George

• Like 3

Oooo Nice... What did you have before..... Any initial impressions of the Velodyne...???

I run Klipsch SW-8's (one L, one R) on my main 2-ch system (Klipschorns, Cornwalls, and Heresys). I plugged the HGS-18 into the L for testing. Impressions: Good Lord this thing goes LOW. It integrates nicely and with a little adjustment I was able to make it merge with the music becoming an extension versus just having boomy bass. I hope that makes sense? I have not decided if it's going to remain with my 2-ch system (replacing both SW-8's) or if it is going with my newly configured home theater system (in process of reconfiguring). I need more time with it, but so far it seems very musical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1