What I Got Today!

Brac

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Those are all the rage in California... Oh no wait 49 state legal I always forget that (need me a HFC downpipe though shhh). 

They work great on a turbo car.  Turbos love less restriction downstream.  No need to worry about backpressure like a N.A. engine.

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

The GTI I had was nicknamed the tire shredder and has every bolt on possible, swapped turbo and tuned for high boost on crappy 91 octane available here.   Damn was that a fun car.   

Car mods are as fun as speaker mods, but more expensive.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

The GTI I had was nicknamed the tire shredder and has every bolt on possible, swapped turbo and tuned for high boost on crappy 91 octane available here.   Damn was that a fun car.   

My first new car was an 86 jetta gli.  Loved it, but had to sell it a couple of years later to qualify for my first mortgage.  Poor man's bimmer it was.  Now I just pay cash for used bimmers.  And the occasional Alfa Romeo.  Oh man, when the new Giulia Quads get cheap.....drool.  I'm ready.  I sold my 91 164 modified to a friend in need, so the gap needs filling.  ALFA=Always Looking For Another.

8 minutes ago, SWL said:

Marantz 1200B

Awesome ... let us know what it sounds like. (Have a Marantz 2252B and love it :D  But my local stereo shop has a 1200B for $700. :D ) Maybe he'll trade for my VTA ST-70 tube amp.

Awesome ... let us know what it sounds like. (Have a Marantz 2252B and love it [emoji3]  But my local stereo shop has a 1200B for $700. [emoji3] ) Maybe he'll trade for my VTA ST-70 tube amp.
I haven't cranked it up yet but at 75-80db it sounds great. Vintage mid-70's Marantz in all it's glory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Actually got this yesterday for use at the duplex I rent to my two sons.  It’s on a corner lot next to a middle school (used to be Royal Oak Dondero HS, alma mater of Glenn Frey, note street sign) so there is a legal, as well as moral, responsibility to keep the long sidewalk free of snow.  This should do the trick.

It was advertised at $200 on Craigslist, which was approximately half what most listings were asking for similar machines.  I spoke with a young man (20s) who asked me if I was OK with the price as he’d had several offers for $200.  I said I wasn’t surprised, especially since $200 was the advertised price.  He replied, “It is?”  Apparently, he thought it was offered at a higher price.  I asked him what was meant by, “Electric Start Convertible.”  He asked how I knew about that.  I explained it’s visible in the ad.  

Long story, less long, I took a van and $200 and brought it home.  It starts right up, whether by pull or plug-in electric starter.  The auger is shiny red and new looking.  This seems to be a much better bargain than the others listed.

I bet Carl @CECAA850, Chuck @Tarheel or Elden @dtel doesn’t 

have one this big.😉

E42DC65A-DBD2-4A3A-988D-3EBF4FDB9B90.jpeg

107AF999-943F-45B1-8824-6318D2521CD5.jpeg

A26EBE59-1BFD-4D3A-81C7-A3A77210FFC6.jpeg

E27F68D8-3789-4105-A2F3-A32C2F7BAC43.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Actually got this yesterday for use at the duplex I rent to my two sons.  It’s on a corner lot next to a middle school (used to be Royal Oak Dondero HS, alma mater of Glenn Frey, note street sign) so there is a legal, as well as moral, responsibility to keep the long sidewalk free of snow.  This should do the trick.

It was advertised at $200 on Craigslist, which was approximately half what most listings were asking for similar machines.  I spoke with a young man (20s) who asked me if I was OK with the price as he’d had several offers for $200.  I said I wasn’t surprised, especially since $200 was the advertised price.  He replied, “It is?”

Apparently, he thought it was offered at a higher price.  I asked him what was meant by, “Electric Start Convertible.”  He asked how I knew about that.  I explained it’s visible in the ad.  

Long story, less long, I took a van and $200 and brought it home.  It starts right up, whether by pull or plug in electric starter.  The auger is shiny red and new looking.  This seems to be a much better bargain than the others listed.

I bet Carl @CECAA850, Chuck @Tarheel or Elden @dtel don’t

have one this big.😉

E42DC65A-DBD2-4A3A-988D-3EBF4FDB9B90.jpeg

107AF999-943F-45B1-8824-6318D2521CD5.jpeg

A26EBE59-1BFD-4D3A-81C7-A3A77210FFC6.jpeg

E27F68D8-3789-4105-A2F3-A32C2F7BAC43.jpeg

getting ready early

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1