What I Got Today!

Brac

Nice looking unit.

What I got yesterday.....was some space back!

A forum member came & picked up the two empty MWM double bass bin cabinets and an empty LaScala.  Tossed in a K33 and some wire to boot.

Wife filled those spaces right back up with "stuff"

sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The “kid” selling this was nice enough, but, apparently, inexperienced at such things.  When I arrived at the agreed upon time, the machine was sitting in the driveway.  I determined the engine to be stone cold, which enabled me to see how easily it started.  Were I the seller, you can bet it would have been warmed up prior to the audition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I determined the engine to be stone cold, which enabled me to see how easily it started.  Were I the seller, you can bet it would have been warmed up prior to the audition.

Ding ding ding!!!  Absolutely right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The “kid” selling this was nice enough, but, apparently, inexperienced at such things.  When I arrived at the agreed upon time, the machine was sitting in the driveway.  I determined the engine to be stone cold, which enabled me to see how easily it started.  Were I the seller, you can bet it would have been warmed up prior to the audition.

That's the first thing I check when I'm looking at any item requiring an internal combustion engine....is it cold.

You got a really good deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, Emile said:

Awesome ... let us know what it sounds like. (Have a Marantz 2252B and love it :D  But my local stereo shop has a 1200B for $700. :D ) Maybe he'll trade for my VTA ST-70 tube amp.

Do it now....! And off the st70...

There's a few of them... 200 yards from me.....a friend has been collecting early marantz as gear..

and the hd series marantz speakers..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Do it now....! And off the st70...

There's a few of them... 200 yards from me.....a friend has been collecting early marantz as gear..

and the hd series marantz speakers..

Marantz speakers were never rated very good.

JJK

9 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Marantz speakers were never rated very good.

JJK

Hd 880's.   Has 3 pairs...

Some of the best sound out of a box anywhere.

For a starting point in October 1978 Consumers Union published a test report in Consumer Reports titled High-Price Loudspeakers. The top rated Marantz HD880 received an accuracy score of 94 (out of 100). (Thirteen other models came to within eight percentage points of that score). While placement and companion components play a key role in bringing out the best in most speakers, having a speaker delivering six percentage points shy of perfection is a great start. The Marantz pair of HD880 sound like they deserve the score. The upper range is adjustable using built in knob controls behind the grille. The bass is adjustable employing or removing the "filler" for the bass port designed in the speaker cabinet. The Acoustic Research AR3 tight bass would be the icing on the cake for me on this excellent speaker system. Still, the excellent bass response tested down to 40Hz definitely factors into the excellent overall score and sound of what has to be some of the best sound out of a box anywhere

• Like 2

Had an issue with the left channel on my Dunlap-Clarke Dreadnaught 500. My tech fixed it pronto. I really can't get over the sq and especially since the repair how much power this 150 wpc amp has.c707076eb566e04d2f23e9b6d192a64f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

20 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Hd 880's.   Has 3 pairs...

Some of the best sound out of a box anywhere.

For a starting point in October 1978 Consumers Union published a test report in Consumer Reports titled High-Price Loudspeakers. The top rated Marantz HD880 received an accuracy score of 94 (out of 100). (Thirteen other models came to within eight percentage points of that score). While placement and companion components play a key role in bringing out the best in most speakers, having a speaker delivering six percentage points shy of perfection is a great start. The Marantz pair of HD880 sound like they deserve the score. The upper range is adjustable using built in knob controls behind the grille. The bass is adjustable employing or removing the "filler" for the bass port designed in the speaker cabinet. The Acoustic Research AR3 tight bass would be the icing on the cake for me on this excellent speaker system. Still, the excellent bass response tested down to 40Hz definitely factors into the excellent overall score and sound of what has to be some of the best sound out of a box anywhere

I guess one of the reviews I read the reviewer didn't like them. It was a long time ago.

JJK

3 hours ago, Skelt said:

Found one of these over the weekend.
Now I need to make some room. 2a9342003e8cbc8843ac3d1c37990af9.jpg12da2715bf23de8b317ee365ed7c08cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congratulations! That is supposed to be one heck of a sub, let us know your impressions once you get some seat time. 

• Like 1