What I Got Today!

Brac

OK; couldn't resist :D  Bought some stuff to put into my vintage stereo console.  Yamaha CR-820, an Oppo DV-970HD and a Marantz 6100 TT.  The Yammie has a "presence" control knob ... unfamiliar with those ... think it's up/down in the 3 KHz range :) 

Haha ... stuff will get here when my wife is "out of town" next week.  Will have to make some motorboards to fit my RF-3 and SB-3 speakers into it :( 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://images.offerup.com/SrPyLtqlSlF3uJpj0P_Abswo2E8=/600x800/5223/52233f59c2c6485ca6c48751466deb7a.jpg

• Like 2

That's pretty nice... it needs a built in amp and a pair of Heresys

I put my plasma 42” in there already because it fits the cabinet and powers up and down for storage . Then put the 55” I had sitting here in bedroom from the OLED upgrade . Thinking speaker bar and sub on this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk9223533e10f7103dcbaf2f208dda3c48.png

• Like 2

=== leave a pair of leather gloves and shaker in the box. If he wants in bad enough he will have ice and booze with him. Through your entry speaker listen for 100 shakes, no more no less. Once you’re convinced it’s Carl, you should have enough time to pull the shades, turn down all sound, and become invisible. He should wonder off after a couple of slushies—. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joessportster said:

MX110x Playing nicely with the VRD's :) 

Now I just gotta put the wood cabinet over it.....................................

IMG_5752.jpg

Nice... Any hiss or background noise? I get a little with the NBS but it's probably tube related.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Nice... Any hiss or background noise? I get a little with the NBS but it's probably tube related.

When I first hooked it up there was alot of hiss it was 1 of the tubes  I went through touching each tube and found the culprit replaced it and one of the other tubes went at the same time so had to replace it as well. That made it nice and quiet. I was shocked how quiet and it sounded pretty dam good as well. After about 2 hours on certain passages of music I could hear vocals breaking up always in the same spot on the track.  I adjusted the source output wheels for AUX and that  eased the breaking up. I am positive it is a tube breaking up being microphonic at certain freq but there are 15 tubes on this thing so who knows which one that would be ?  At any rate while it sounds very good  my TRUTH pre amp is more neutral / transparent and allows the VRD to shine.