What I Got Today!

Brac

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Bourbon should be given the knod if you buy a pair of Forte I or better with a recap that you are content with.....   If not, update your preamp and or amp to a MODERN setup with decent wiring and you will be blown.   Yes I said it MODERN.   Let's hear it?  Who thinks 20 years foward of engineering has no merit?   

I'm not sure.  I wouldn't go back to the tube days like many, but I consider my sunfire amp and preamp modern, even if they are close to 20 years old.  I like bourbon too.  I'm pretty sure I am not descended from the Bourbons, but several generations back there may be a connection.  Were they anywhere near Cognac?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha whoa now you are talking double for the same...

I am speaking to this day and age...... We can argue all day long but I hesitate to do so with anyone that thinks 40 years of engineering has brought nothing to the table for the same price as the prime "vintage" gear.   Yeah from that comment you can figure out how old I am.   You buy an old piece of gear and revamp it and you are EASILY into a quality piece of modern gear.   Just my 2 cents.   I know I'll be burned at the steak for it but I'm ready. 

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2018 at 3:23 PM, 314carpenter said:

And there is more. The new brains of the operation. Denon AVR-X4400H directly off the display shelf in the Best Buy Magnolia Design Center and is now sitting on my shelf. I have had too many frustrations with the Onkyo hdmi not playing nice with my other pieces. New things I am looking forward to playing around with that even my up the ladder but slightly older AVR-X6200W does not have are:

DTS Virtual:X

whole home audio integration

smart home integration

Amazon Alexa voice control

Heos built in

Audyssey xt32 multiEQ editor app

AirPlay2

5.6MHZ high resolution audio streaming

AL32 processing

Auro 3D built in

Tidal/ Spotify/ Amazon Music/ iHeart Radio/ Napster/ Soundcloud/ Mood Mix built in

Image result for denon x4400h images

=== say what? English please. The *** end of that thing would have me lost  — 

Some might eat the steak, and throw the rest of you away to the dogs.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  For the record, I would never burn a steak, nor wish for one to be burned at the stake.  Well, maybe a few, but you wouldn't be one of them.  Well, maybe a half dozen, but I think definitely less than a dozen.

=== nothing I got but an interesting sighting as we were navigating at around 11000 feet in Rocky Mtn. National Park. You know in automobiles magazines how they show “spy” photos of new vehicles all camouflaged to be unrecognizable - heading down the mountain I see what I believe to be a pick up truck and wonder what the helll it has all over the front end, then see the entire truck is covered in different materials, then comes a second and third one. Must have been pre-production mules doing high altitude testing. Kinda cool —

• Like 2