What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, Schu said:

How much are lil chicks in your area M?

Usually a couple of dollars a piece. I bought these from Meyer Hatchery in OH. Looks like three breeds, and they're all males. At qty 100+ they were 34 cents each and $10 to ship. They hatched Monday and arrived yesterday morning. At butchering age of about 12 weeks there's not a whole lot of difference between hens and roosters for the purpose of meat consumption, so it just makes a lot of sense to go that route.

7 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Usually a couple of dollars a piece. I bought these from Meyer Hatchery in OH. Looks like three breeds, and they're all males. At qty 100+ they were 34 cents each and $10 to ship. They hatched Monday and arrived yesterday morning. At butchering age of about 12 weeks there's not a whole lot of difference between hens and roosters for the purpose of meat consumption, so it just makes a lot of sense to go that route.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Thanks to a fellow forum member’s recommendation, I picked up some LED lighting to go behind my TV. Very good use of $40!

I've seen others use that kind of backlighting.  How do you control the colors?

Is there a practical use for the lights, ie makes the TV look better, easier on the eyes, etc, or is the lighting purely for effect?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Is there a practical use for the lights, ie makes the TV look better, easier on the eyes, etc, or is the lighting purely for effect?

It comes with a remote, that you use to control the colors and other settings.

I actually prefer leaving the white LED on when watching TV, heck, I now leave them on 27/7 m. It makes everything look “crisper” for some reason.

Here is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0788Z13K2?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The one I installed is white.  It may be an illusion but for me the blacks seem a little darker when it's on.  I also don't like watching tv in the dark and there's no chance of light reflecting off the screen with back lighting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1