What I Got Today!

Brac

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So you're going to fill the trench with rocks and make a type of French drain?

Man I wish that would work, but no just a drain pipe. I thinking a 6" behind the wall and then a 12" all the way up to concrete ditch that you can barely see in the photos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yesterday I "won" (haha) a Marantz 2238B on FleaBay.

2 "outer" knobs missing :(  Any extra knobs anyone?

That's a classic.  Those are the Marantz receivers which has the sound everyone longs for.

I bet you can find those knobs, maybe try Ebay.  There are a lot of those Marantz receivers out there and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a small cottage industry built up to supply knobs, lighting for those models.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I bet you can find those knobs, maybe try Ebay.

Haha ... thanks. Yes; found ONE outer knob on FleaBay ... $35 ... highway robbery :D  Jeez ... maybe I should buy a 3D printer :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 12:19 AM, The History Kid said:

I've recently obtained a lot of "conversation starters", actually...lol

Ha, as a former artilleryman, I'd turn down some old brass 105mm casings for awards, etc in our Artillery Battalion.  I'd get them engraved for presentation and so on.  Sold my old house and somehow had a couple stashed in the corner of a cabinet that weren't cleaned up.   I'd forgotten about them.   Sooo, the Lutheran Minister & his wife who bought my house found them when he moved in.  Ha!  Called the PD who called the Fire Department who called the State Bomb Squad who came in and said they were safe since they had been fired.  I guess it was quite the dog n pony show!  No one ever said a word to me!  My old neighbor was laffin his rear off when he told me...  Me?  Not so much!  lol  

Oh btw, I got a new LONG phillips screwdriver to replace my tweets in the LS today.  Mission accomplished!  lololol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Oh btw, I got a new LONG phillips screwdriver

to replace my tweets in the LS today.  Mission accomplished!  lololol 

Congrats on the new screwdriver, but man, you need to up your game!  🤓

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Congrats on the new screwdriver, but man, you need to up your game!  🤓

Had to justify that post SOMEhow!  BOOM!, kinda maybe.   So I went w/the screwdriver just to stay on topic and be safe...  Got the tweets Saturday!  Not bad for ordering Wed!  @BEC  lol   :)

• Haha 1

Everything including the rack. All original owner, original boxes, original paperwork. All the restorations were by Soundsmith Corp. NY. The manufacturers of hand built cartridges for Bang and Olufson, as well as many of their own brand. Great provenance.

If you don't know Sumo google Ampzilla! 🇯🇵🐲

-Sumo Andromeda I Amplifer 200W x 2 balanced SS. Designed by James Bongiorno. (1982) 

-Sumo Electra Preamplifier the perfect matching piece. (1982)

-Phase Linear 5200 tuner (1982)

-Aiwa F770 3 Head Cassette Deck (1983)

-Sony CDP-997 CD Player (1992)

-Oak audio rack w/glass door on casters

Thanks, now Back to the Future.

20180304_121410_resized.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I Got my drivers and finished my OB Project..........................Very Happy with the results....................Now just need to add some finish to the cabinets.

Looks great, Joe. I've been thinking of an OB project as bass bins for my Oris. Got any shots from the side? What drivers?

10 minutes ago, teaman said:

I just picked up a single Heresy II from Ebay to use as a dedicated center

Haha ... great minds think alike ... got my Heresy center earlier this year ... was an enormous improvement over "standard center channels." :D

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rplace said:

Looks great, Joe. I've been thinking of an OB project as bass bins for my Oris. Got any shots from the side? What drivers?

The cabinet is what they call an H-Frame, it is a simple 19 inch cube with no front or back and a baffle centered with an Emminence Alpha 15a pro driver

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-alpha-15a-15-driver--290-407

I was setting here with my mouth open when they hit the first bass note, I swear you would think these are  bass reflex its crazy. every bit as deep as I had in the BR cabinet with none of the boominess or mud associated with that cabinet. Impressed with the response would be an understatement Chaka Kahn is shaking my  Arse as I type.  I will get a pic from the side and back though there isnt much to see :) 

• Thanks 1