What I Got Today!

Brac

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT rely on QC 35 noise cancelling headphones for ear protection while shooting. 4 months before I could hear myself normally and continuing tinnitus 2 years later.

Double up with foams and quality muffs!

DD M4V11.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since I am now a born again tube amp listener....let the tube rolling begin!

These have been 'tried and true' in my 222c so I bought some more because I plan on using this amp a lot more often now since I updated my room treatments. They have brought out the best in my 222c. Dig it.

I've got a quad of some Siemens EL84's on the way. Never heard Siemens before...89abeadc47fb2100b8850b7eeebfc1dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quad of Siemens EL84/6BQ5 power tubes for my 222c. I thought the 7189 Preferred tubes were good......these Siemens tubes sound excellent. Cleaner with punchy bass. Much classier sound in comparison.[emoji106][emoji106]64b9ccfca755fdca9fc7a169b8fb19eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have been giving my neighbors a gift for the last 4 years. I have been the sole caretaker of the drive way (probably 12 families on the 1/2 mile long sand drive) as you may imagine a sand road needs a lot of attention. I had an 80 hp tractor that was to big to use around the house and its sole purpose was to drag a  box blade or rake up and down the drive.  With the recent rainfall from hurricane Florence (21 inches) the drive way was washed out on the hill.  One of the neighbors works for a company with heavy equip. he worked a deal to borrow there backhoe for a day.  He then borrowed a tractor with a blade from someone else. I am doing what I can to help with the washed out road. The helper and I assume his adult son pull up to me and ask me to stay off the washed out area till it dries more. The son starts cussing twords me telling me I am the reason the road is F-ed up and I should park my tractor etc...etc...etc...

Now little did they know I had been questioning the intelligence of having 6000 dollars tied up in a tractor that is only good for the drive that not one of the others had ever offered a nickel to help with fuel or maintenance. and now they have the audacity to kick a gift horse in the mouth

Craigslist was but a few clicks away, I get a call and within hours the tractor has a new owner, and I have cash.  I took the money and told the wife we will need a 4X4 in case of road issues in the future, I found a cheap 1988 Bronco 2 rebuilt engine stick shift 4x4 with 31" tires. Needs some minor work but I have plenty of time

Put some dough in the boys savings accounts........

Next my dad finds my dream truck (Almost) 1992 extended cab f-250 7.3 IDI Diesel with 144,000 miles I trade him my little gas miser car and the rest of my tractor cash. been having some fun tinkering with the pickup and the bronco

Hurricane Michael came through and dropped 4 inches of rain and the ditches that I supposedly filled in with my tractor are now full of sand again, the road has some decent ruts starting and I am more than happy to drive around the problems 

Heres a pic of my Truck that I got today :) 

7.3.PNG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Finally got my pioneer SX-780 set up for my workbench system. Actually I should say that I finally cleared a space for it!  Using a benchmark dac 1 and my iPhone running tidal driving a pair of dynaco a25’s. Sounds pretty incredible. 

24765CF3-A707-4AD9-8B61-53C4C566DDE8.thumb.jpeg.9f0cf1064fa0211985ab4559b0ccef0e.jpeg

• Like 3

OK; did not buy anything for about a week ... could not resist any longer :)  A (German) PatheWings case for my Marantz 1060.  

Yeah ... long story ... had a museum quality 1060; then got a tube amp, so sold it ... but the 1060 was better than the VTA-70 tube amp ... haha; sold it and bought another 1060 ... no wood case, so bought one :D On the way from Germany :) 

s-l1600.jpg

BTW ... these guys supposedly make very nice Marantz cases (and maybe some others also).  Usually they are $200, but sometimes they put some up for auction on FleaBay. Haha ... got it for $120 :D  

Cheers, Emile

• Like 3