What I Got Today!

Brac

Didn't actually get these Audio Nirvana AlniCo drivers today, but I got to install them today in my Oris horn mains and my Open Baffle center.  Really excellent driver.  I ran a full frequency sweep to see just how capable it was at modest dB levels and was surprised to see that it actually had output from 20hz to 20kHz! That's amazing.  Of course, you can't get much output at below 150Hz in my Oris. 

As my center open baffle, it does extremely well upon first listen.  Tomorrow I will be really listening. I just finished running Audyssey Pro on the system.

ANCenter.jpg

BoxesAN.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

What are your thoughts on the amp? Are you using it with chorus?

Stock Chorus IIs.

Not fatiguing, and at the same time confident at all my volumes. I usually don't go above 90db. Very quiet noise floor, an important criteria for me. The gain controls on back are a nice option.

I've been using the smaller model to this AT1202 for years, the AT602 (60 x 2). Same sweet sound signature.

Love ATI amps!

55 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Stock Chorus IIs.

Not fatiguing, and at the same time confident at all my volumes. I usually don't go above 90db. Very quiet noise floor, an important criteria for me. The gain controls on back are a nice option.

I've been using the smaller model to this AT1202 for years, the AT602 (60 x 2). Same sweet sound signature.

Love ATI amps!

Yes indeed. I'm still wanting a couple of these in my system after using Carl's 1502 for a few months. I always just have something else more pressing when the cash is available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Stock Chorus IIs.

Love ATI amps!

I had an Outlaw Audio 7-channel monster amp (made by ATI) that I liked a lot but sold when I bought my house. Used ATI amps look to be a really good value and plan on getting one eventually. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

Used ATI amps look to be a really good value and plan on getting one eventually.

The AT602 and 1202 models are no longer made. ATI seems to be focusing on higher watt amps.

The 1502 etc models do not have gain controls for each channel which is a con, IMO. I like the option to manually tweak in addition to what the receiver or integrated offers.

59 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

The AT602 and 1202 models are no longer made. ATI seems to be focusing on higher watt amps.

The 1502 etc models do not have gain controls for each channel which is a con, IMO. I like the option to manually tweak in addition to what the receiver or integrated offers.

That's correct, and a fair point to consider.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

I didn't look to see if it had gain controls but I almost pulled the trigger on an AT542NC,  2-channel 500 watt watt Hypex N-Core amp for $1,000 locally. I passed as I had just bought LaScala IIs from Schu and ALK Universals from Budman. There's always a new deal just around the corner. Your 1202 sounds like it should be a great fit for most Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

I almost pulled the trigger on an AT542NC,  2-channel 500 watt watt Hypex N-Core amp for $1,000 locally.

A good deal for sure. That's one of their class D amps I hope to hear sometime in the future. You were wise to pass on it given your newly purchased gear. Have you posted pics of the La Scalas and ALKs?

4 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

There's always a new deal just around the corner.

So true! Patience gives way to the best ones.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never needed gain controls on mine.

My Emotiva UMC-1's lowest volume setting before going mute is sometimes not quiet enough, depending on the source playing. The gains allow a quieter lowest volume. Not the goal of most!

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If I were bi-amping then I could definitely see the benefit.

I hope to try it that soon.