What I Got Today!

Brac

5 hours ago, Schu said:

Post link to the hypex...

It was posted on eBay and usaudiomart. The eBay ad was ended early so it doesn't show up when i search for completed items. I spoke with the owner, he was from Scottsdale and only a few miles away from me.

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Don't forget to change your Forum name to "finallygotmyLaScala-II's"  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:

I had a pair a few years back so I know what to expect from them. When I had a chance to get another pair I jumped. Heresys drew me to this forum so i think it’s fitting to keep the handle :)

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 11:17 PM, Rudy81 said:

Didn't actually get these Audio Nirvana AlniCo drivers today, but I got to install them today in my Oris horn mains and my Open Baffle center.  Really excellent driver.  I ran a full frequency sweep to see just how capable it was at modest dB levels and was surprised to see that it actually had output from 20hz to 20kHz! That's amazing.  Of course, you can't get much output at below 150Hz in my Oris. 

As my center open baffle, it does extremely well upon first listen.  Tomorrow I will be really listening. I just finished running Audyssey Pro on the system.

ANCenter.jpg

BoxesAN.jpg

Nice Rudy..........................Expect full impressions........................I am very Happy with the AN 15 atop the H-Frame.  I am going to experiment with the HFrames I am going to build another pair of the 15" H Frames and try 1 facing forward and the 2 pair facing opposite...................They will be in there own enclosures.  Any thoughts ? 

Set up a nice little system in the Library of my new office space. I had the blumenstien single driver s and set them up with a uturn turntable and a nobsound integrated amp. Sounds amazing. The amp was 295.00 and the tt was 400.  Pretty affordable. Young folks in the office are amazed.  They can’t get enough. Great to see them appreciating something better than mp3s on their cell phones! 

32AA2E53-DED0-4DE1-A199-E1BD58FC8919.jpeg

2A40A18D-B30C-4C46-8368-D746778B70A4.jpeg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Those look like Chorus IIs! Congratulations!

If I had to pick one pair of Klipsch to keep in the house, those would be it!

Yes they are. I've been looking for quite some time. Thanks

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, K5SS said:

I got something pretty COOL for my B&K 200.7 S2

@K5SS, thanks for posting about your AC INFINITY AIRCOM T10 cooling equipment!!! I’ve felt a need to add cooling for my Marantz SR5012 because it runs pretty hot. Matter of fact, after discussions with Marantz Technical Support, I sent an SR6012 back to Amazon because it was running well over 120 degrees, and that was without a lot of stress. My SR5012 runs under 120 at max heat, but in my opinion, it still needs some cooling.

After seeing your post in the “What I Got Today” section, I did a search on Amazon and found the model that was right for me. I went with the AC INFINITY AIRCOM T8 because it has rear exhaust and my equipment cabinet is open in the back. Since it was Prime and fulfilled by Amazon there were no taxes and when I ordered it on Friday it was guaranteed Sunday delivery; it arrived this afternoon! I’ll install it tomorrow and give it the maximum test tomorrow evening during my Music & Merlot Blu-ray DVD Surround Concert session.

1930573264_WIGT-IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.b4b05e97627003ce23951ae038e35257.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buck115 said:

@K5SS, thanks for posting about your AC INFINITY AIRCOM T10 cooling equipment!!! I’ve felt a need to add cooling for my Marantz SR5012 because it runs pretty hot. Matter of fact, after discussions with Marantz Technical Support, I sent an SR6012 back to Amazon because it was running well over 120 degrees, and that was without a lot of stress. My SR5012 runs under 120 at max heat, but in my opinion, it still needs some cooling.

After seeing your post in the “What I Got Today” section, I did a search on Amazon and found the model that was right for me. I went with the AC INFINITY AIRCOM T8 because it has rear exhaust and my equipment cabinet is open in the back. Since it was Prime and fulfilled by Amazon there were no taxes and when I ordered it on Friday it was guaranteed Sunday delivery; it arrived this afternoon! I’ll install it tomorrow and give it the maximum test tomorrow evening during my Music & Merlot Blu-ray DVD Surround Concert session.

1930573264_WIGT-IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.b4b05e97627003ce23951ae038e35257.jpg

Now that I have had mine for about a week or so, I can tell you that it is $129 well spent. 

I like knowing that the fireplace, aka 200.7, is about 20 degrees cooler now. Plus, the front exhaust also acts like a small foot heater. 

Congratulations on the new addition! 

Currently, my choices are a 250 WPC wyred 4 Sound or parasound A21.   I have two A21s that I was thinking of running in bridged mono each.   I am going to try one A21 first and see how it goes before I pull out the other.   After comparing back and forth between the wyred 4 Sound integrated and the parasound gear, I Strongly prefer the parasound in everything except the bass.   The original wyred 4 Sound Amp I had was an amp only.  Thai one is integrated.  Perhaps the preamp I was running made that amp sound much better.   

The KI 396s arrive tomorrow.  These I have very high expectations for.   We will see if I agree with @Dave A about his strongly preference for klipsch Pro gear only.  I think with even 250 WPC on these in my room, there is no way I could even turn it close to halfway up especially with the two 18s.  This is a lot closer to my JBL SRX700 series system I kept for about 7 years. 

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

The KI 396s arrive tomorrow.  These I have very high expectations for.   We will see if I agree with @Dave A about his strongly preference for klipsch Pro gear only.  I think with even 250 WPC on these in my room, there is no way I could even turn it close to halfway up especially with the two 18s.  This is a lot closer to my JBL SRX700 series system I kept for about 7 years. 

If you're indoors, 250 will be MORE than enough.

• Haha 1