What I Got Today!

Brac

they have surprising bass on there own, very tight and no shortage of it.

I Agee with you, however, for what I listen to, deep bass is ESSENTIAL. These hit surprisingly deep frequencies and Def move air, but that is my preference.   I bet If I had them in a proper larger space with a slight eq bump at the bottom and a subsonic filter, I could possibly be satisfied without subs.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

they have surprising bass on there own, very tight and no shortage of it.

I Agee with you, however, for what I listen to, deep bass is ESSENTIAL. These hit surprisingly deep frequencies and Def move air, but that is my preference.   I bet If I had them in a proper larger space with a slight eq bump at the bottom and a subsonic filter, I could possibly be satisfied without subs.   

Just add the 1802 sub and your done 👍9B17361D-5285-49A9-AAD8-FA8FC183052F.thumb.jpeg.4e352b0ac47fc1bd83609c7082cc7661.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Just add the 1802 sub and your done 👍

I forgot about that, that was shocking and very impressive more than one person said that made a great combination and easy plug and play. That setup can fill large spaces and that's tough to do outside, very impressive even from a good distance. 

But I am biased with that sub design and the 396's.

34 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha I wish.  No way that would work anywhere in my house.   I already have a pair of jbl SRX718S subs to go with them. More than enough. Way overkill in fact 

I’m sure the jbl subs are great🙂

I’m running a prototype 1502 with my Jubs    and yes they can get loud and low on their own but what has impressed me the most is how this combination in my room has such a clean, detailed and openness when the recording is well done that gives a feeling almost like the walls have been removed. Things really clicked when I let the Jubs run full range and the sub cross at 80hz to allow driving the room from multiple points. Note: 1502 sub is centered on back wall behind my listening location and Jubs out of the corners along the front wall a few feet.

miketn

• Like 1

I'm going to run the 396s full range.   I don't want to "filter" them and inteodu e processing on them that will ruin their magic. I needed a Crossover for the subs.  I'll probably cross them around 65hz or so.   I used the jbls for years in my current and previous house and they are very muscular and musical subs.   I heard they were a rock and country favorite for live sound reproduction due to their musical nature.   I can believe that as they are quite impressive, even with very fast double bass drums in metal.   

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm going to run the 396s full range.   I don't want to "filter" them and inteodu e processing on them that will ruin their magic. I needed a Crossover for the subs.  I'll probably cross them around 65hz or so.   I used the jbls for years in my current and previous house and they are very muscular and musical subs.   I heard they were a rock and country favorite for live sound reproduction due to their musical nature.   I can believe that as they are quite impressive, even with very fast double bass drums in metal.   

I run mine full range as well and use a Paradigm X-30 for a sub crossover.  Works great.

I think I would be doing the 396s a disservice by cutting the superb lows out that they reproduce.   What they do, top to bottom is very uniform and the depths of the bass they plumb is quite satisfying.  They sound VERY different from one recording to another (more than any other klipsch speakers I have owned) and are quite Revealing. 

I think I would be doing the 396s a disservice by cutting the superb lows out that they reproduce. 

That's the same thing I always say about my KLF-30's. I just play the subs down below where they roll off.....it's an excellent compliment down there, even when I power them with some serious Crown Macrotech or K2 power.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm loading up. 

You junkie, you. 

Hey WCD's, just an FYI......When you highlight a section of a post, a "quote selection" button should pop up. I find it easier and no white background from copy and paste. Maybe it won't do that on your device tho, I don't know.