What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Jim, would love to meet you and several others this year.   Sorry that you have to deal with me.  I look forward, know most of you don't.   I'm going to try my damndest to make it this year.   

=== be oh so careful what you wish for — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

=== Dtel is So funny. He will guarantee anything to increase attendance and earn yet another Bullshit button — 

I would like to see more people or the same amount, as long as everyone is ok with it. I don't need extra :pwk_bs: I have enough and a couple of buttons.

I like seeing everybody, I met so many people over the years I don't really know who I met really. Funny this came up, the other day while falling asleep I thought about Pilgrimage for a second, that was a mistake, started thinking about it and got nervous knowing it's coming up. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, richieb said:

=== dealing with self proclaimed “interesting characters” is not be an issue. As Dtel will attest there are over 600 acres where someone could get “lost” in the blink of an eye == ? You know you’re lost when you hear banjos— 

And then there's the Alligator pond.........

A shipment uv @oldtimer hot sauces. Tested most of them on some tamales which were delivered Saturday.  The Hawaiian Firecracker were both fruity, full bodied, and possessed of moderate heat. The Red Menace XX and the Yelow Peril were both quite flavorful, but probably not for novices. These are both quite spicy. Had me sweating profusely, and may burn tomorrow. I prefer the flavor of the red over the yellow, but that is just personal preference. I will try the Tropical Tiki at my next meal. Yum 👅 👅 

NOTE: There were two more bottles, but they were duplicates uv the hottttt ones.

IMG_0736.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

The Hawaiian Firecracker were both fruity, full bodied, and possessed of moderate heat.

That was our favorite, the really hot ones not so much, never ordered those. The first 4 he came out with are great for us, no need for hotter. Love the fresh taste

On 12/8/2018 at 6:44 PM, richieb said:

=== dealing with self proclaimed “interesting characters” is not be an issue. As Dtel will attest there are over 600 acres where someone could get “lost” in the blink of an eye == ? You know you’re lost when you hear banjos— 

The calliope music will guide you back

I was a couple of pages late and didn’t see the other references to Dave’s pole dance music.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

That was our favorite, the really hot ones not so much, never ordered those. The first 4 he came out with are great for us, no need for hotter. Love the fresh taste

The Yellow Peril has a flavor which reminds me uv de habanero I grew about seven years back. Not my favorite, but will be used to add heat to pots of chili. The Red Menace is prime. Not an every day sauce, but the flavor Iz "Me Gusta"!  It will be reserved for me, when I want the heat. The other three are prime table sauces for all to enjoy, as they combine a bit of heat with zesty, fruity flavor.

(And a wide, deep flavor stage and sparkle, bumping, thumping kick, etc.)

(Are you being sarcastic?)

(No, just normal Nooo Yawk, Italian/Irish)

(OK)

P.S.S. : The pro version delivers the heat at a much higher level than the heritage.

• Haha 1

Just musing but...if there is a sub involved, is it really still 2 channel?  There are two channels, right and left, but a third called bass....

In a 2 channel set up, if the bass is engineered to only emerge from the right channel, for example, with a sub woofer the bass information goes elsewhere, therefore it becomes a third channel.

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just musing but...if there is a sub involved, is it really still 2 channel?  There are two channels, right and left, but a third called bass....

In a 2 channel set up, if the bass is engineered to only emerge from the right channel, for example, with a sub woofer the bass information goes elsewhere, therefore it becomes a third channel.

He's not wrong..

ePsdotO.gif?noredirect

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Hmmmmm.  I would think that it would still be 2 channel as there is only 2 channels of information from the source.  Is a 3 way speaker 6 channel?

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The information is diverted to a third channel.

3'rd speaker.  In HT you have 8 separate channels of information (typically).  7.1 where the .1 is the LFE channel.  Many people use multiple subs but it doesn't make it 7.3 or 7.4.  There's still only 8 channels of info.  2 channel stereo only has 2 channels of information no matter how many speakers you use.

• Like 1