What I Got Today!

Brac

Got these two weeks ago from an old friend that no longer partakes in adult beverages

IMG_4054.jpg

The '81 Chabot should have been consumed 20 years ago but nice clean bottle and I was only interested in the 90 Private Reserve . Got both for $50. ; was going to pay that for the PR alone so fingers crossed .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Got these two weeks ago from an old friend that no longer partakes in adult beverages

IMG_4054.jpg

The '81 Chabot should have been consumed 20 years ago but nice clean bottle and I was only interested in the 90 Private Reserve . Got both for $50. ; was going to pay that for the PR alone so fingers crossed .

We'll be right over...

edit:  I'll stop by Geechie Dock and pick up a few pounds of jumbos...

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 11:12 PM, sunburnwilly said:

IMG_4054.jpg

Let us know how that 90 PR turned out.  If it's been well stored, you might get lucky....hope so.

Merry Christmas to me....

Stopped by a local gourmet grocer and saw this in the case.  I had no intention of buying it, but just wanted to tell the owner that I thought he had the wrong price on it.  He said "No, I got it in by mistake, they didn't charge me for it, and I just want to sell it"".  This Jamon normally goes for $30 to $50 per pound.  He sold it to me for $7.99/lb.  Bought the whole BONELESS leg.

Iberico Jamon (Medium).jpg

• Like 4

On 12/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, jimjimbo said:

Merry Christmas to me....

Stopped by a local gourmet grocer and saw this in the case.  I had no intention of buying it, but just wanted to tell the owner that I thought he had the wrong price on it.  He said "No, I got it in by mistake, they didn't charge me for it, and I just want to sell it"".  This Jamon normally goes for $30 to $50 per pound.  He sold it to me for $7.99/lb.  Bought the whole BONELESS leg.

Iberico Jamon (Medium).jpg

great deal just like prosciutto Di       Parma.... I tried some last year..

and enjoyed it...

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Too dark to take a picture tonight, but I received a wool army blanket that was owned/used by my great grandfather in Europe during World War I. I don't believe in having shelf trophies, so I'll be using it regularly to honor his memory and service.

Good stuff hope it comes with the obligatory foot locker . 

I have my dad's from Korea .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Too dark to take a picture tonight, but I received a wool army blanket that was owned/used by my great grandfather in Europe during World War I. I don't believe in having shelf trophies, so I'll be using it regularly to honor his memory and service.

Wow  Michael, that is very special.  I would advise though to be careful when cleaning it.  Even though wool is a fantastic fabric, it will become a bit fragile especially at that age, so it will tear a lot more easily than you would think.  Enjoy  that wonderful piece of history.

• Like 2

It's much better than prosciutto, a completely different flavor.  The pigs are fed on acorns and grain, which gives it a deep earthy flavor.  Awesome stuff.

It is awesome stuff. I had 2 lbs of the best available seized at the border when I was coming home from Spain a few years back. Never been so mad in my life. Enjoy
  • Sad 1

Local business closing doors after 35 years, Owners kids want nothing to do with it they set stuff out front with a sign. I went in with the wife for the hell of it and she spies approx 1000 Vinyl albums........I ask the sellers how much he says pick out what you want, I said no you misunderstand, How much for all of them.....................

A few minutes later all loaded in the van 100.00.....................Much of the Vinyl is stuff I will never listen to but there are a few decent lp...............Most are in VG+ shape except of course the 1 crate with my preferred vinyl they got wet and the covers are all stuck together moldy. I pull out the vinyl and toss the covers and so far approx 50 great classic rock, Motown, funk, from the 60's, 70's & a very Few 80's the vinyl is all cleaning up great and are near mint. Going to buy some plain covers a sleeves keep as players :)  Van Morrison Moondance Played superbly,  Crosby Stills & Nash needs another go on the VPI but was still absolutely listenable

Got my 100 worth of vinyl  out of the wet molded covers, everything else is a bonus, Keep an eye out I will likely be offering up gift packs for shipping costs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rplace said:

I see xilica. Head over to tech/mod and tell how to use it.

Yeah I've been messing with it tonight a little.   Learning curve for sure and much more than I need.... My primary concern is sound quality.   Never heard one before and bought it solely on the recommendations of the site.   Well see how she do.   

17 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yeah I've been messing with it tonight a little.   Learning curve for sure and much more than I need.... My primary concern is sound quality.   Never heard one before and bought it solely on the recommendations of the site.   Well see how she do.   

Lots of dials and knobs. Learning curve for sure. Sounds fantastic to me I was expecting to notice "something" taken away from my tube front end but not so. 

10 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

OK it's official.... All digital. 

… o O (this looks like a printer... but usually I'm incorrect...)  ...

I cropped ur pic instead of drawing circle's and arrow's on it...  I guess I'm just wondering why audio racks are always so low, near ground level, when there are so many button's to push.. is this a remote control paper loading device for xlicia graphs ? 

brother.jpg