What I Got Today!

Brac

Received another speaker from Klipsch today, a 1502, that I needed to complete my Jubilees.

IMG_1939.JPG.cdb1a6005072aa83a3e34312949dab7a.JPGIMG_1940.JPG.651bfa9f6d36305b454890e8587730a8.JPG

I had already started to open it before I remembered to take some pictures. The shipper R&L Trucking was awesome and put it in my carport.

IMG_1942.JPG.e7a81b4fd2446a3c0d76a5e94791488c.JPG

After the packaging was removed and I walked around it and that smile formed which has not gone away yet.

IMG_1954.JPG.92cfe04579fb7550f8ec3b726693dd2f.JPG

The music room remains a mess but most of it is back together.

I have reconfigured the Xilica as per @Chief bonehead and am working on gain structure. My first impression is Wow there is music in that bottom octave and it is good. Some of the bass is very nuanced and some is punchy fast while being very clean and having correct tone. I'm using a Crown amp rated at 1500 watts at 4 Ohms bridged.

I agree with @dtel that the china cabinet needs to be watched as I have already been reprimanded by my wife. Works like that vibrating football game we had as kids. The first music played was Gotthard's Domino Effect CD. I want to thank @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for putting up with me asking for one of these every couple of weeks and then actually getting one for me. I recommend them highly.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone.................well, I have gotten so many new things that I never posted.....   Well, since my last post, I have received two amateur radio licenses (going for the 3rd and final class this spring!)  But, been building the 'ham shack' and just opened this up!  AMERICAN MADE and built like a tank! 600 watts PEP.DSCN1846.jpg

Yup, for real............this thing idles with 1.8KV running around inside!DSCN1854.jpg

THREE 811A's in this one....   DSCN1882.jpg

LOVE the porcelain  anode cap sockets on top !  DSCN1884.jpg

Yes, they can't say it enough times...............there is an INTERLOCK on this thing so it won't start with the cover removed....!DSCN1889.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 1/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Ole Dollar said:

Received another speaker from Klipsch today, a 1502, that I needed to complete my Jubilees.

IMG_1939.JPG.cdb1a6005072aa83a3e34312949dab7a.JPGIMG_1940.JPG.651bfa9f6d36305b454890e8587730a8.JPG

I had already started to open it before I remembered to take some pictures. The shipper R&L Trucking was awesome and put it in my carport.

IMG_1942.JPG.e7a81b4fd2446a3c0d76a5e94791488c.JPG

After the packaging was removed and I walked around it and that smile formed which has not gone away yet.

IMG_1954.JPG.92cfe04579fb7550f8ec3b726693dd2f.JPG

The music room remains a mess but most of it is back together.

I have reconfigured the Xilica as per @Chief bonehead and am working on gain structure. My first impression is Wow there is music in that bottom octave and it is good. Some of the bass is very nuanced and some is punchy fast while being very clean and having correct tone. I'm using a Crown amp rated at 1500 watts at 4 Ohms bridged.

I agree with @dtel that the china cabinet needs to be watched as I have already been reprimanded by my wife. Works like that vibrating football game we had as kids. The first music played was Gotthard's Domino Effect CD. I want to thank @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for putting up with me asking for one of these every couple of weeks and then actually getting one for me. I recommend them highly.

I am really glad to see this, it really is a great design that sounds amazing. I am happy every time I hear it, it has detail and a tone better than any sub I have ever heard and no matter how hard you push it the sound never sounds strained or like it's being pushed. Being a horn it matches perfectly with Jubs, MWM's or any folded horn I would imagine, a perfect match.

Chief Bonehead really did a great job designing it, I don't rattle the house very often, which it will do for sure.  But it has a really nice sound when playing like we normally listen, at low or moderate volumes, great tone, like with a upright bass, every different sound is noticeable, very musical. IMO

Congratulations  That is one cool system you put together, be careful with movies, the bass can be scary and very deep. I have to admit I have seen a red light flicker on the bridged Crown 1002 before which is 1400 w @ 4ohms, movie bass is addicting. :blush:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Chief Bonehead really did a great job designing it, I don't rattle the house very often, which it will do for sure.  But it has a really nice sound when playing like we normally listen, at low or moderate volumes, great tone, like with a upright bass, every different sound is noticeable, very musical. IMO

I really agree, no booming mud but clean bass with every note well defined. Once the gain was close I was playing some Dream Theater and when a song started the bass startled me. I have made it to the proper levels now after beating my eardrums for a couple of hours for fun. Grand Funk Railroad sounds especially nice. Its a relearning thing due to the old direct radiator subs that I turned up too high trying to find the correct tone that was never there.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Bet you're all smiles!

I still have my smile going and thankfully high WAF, she did help me bring it into the house. She’s a keeper.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Marvel said:

Is that listed on the web site or is it a special order?

I am not sure how many were made. If you are interested contact Cory at @MetropolisLakeOutfitters as he was the one I got mine from and I do recommend him - no affiliation. except as a customer and I met him at several Klipsch Pilgrimages.

I have had two days with it now and will say it is amazing. I was having bass issues with my Jubilees and this more than cured it. My wife commented on how much of the lower octave was missing when we muted the 1502 - clearly hearing the lower notes of a stand-up bass with the proper tone and the kick drum now kicks. The 1502's affect is clean notes at low volumes and jaw dropping power when given 1000+ watts to work with. Sort of a "Tim the Tool Man" approach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

Sort of a "Tim the Tool Man" approach.

Your going to be finding new rattles around the house. Bass is addicting, especially when it's clean and effortless, almost wish I had another 500-1000wpc. :emotion-14: But I would probably hurt myself. 

• Like 1